Read 1158 times

• syntex1011
  • Adventurer

• October 28, 2011, 07:36:41 am
    • Busan, South Korea
Transfering money using Busan Bank
« on: October 18, 2012, 08:42:26 am »
So here is my problem:

I am going home for good soon and need to wire my whole years saving back home. But my bonus doesn't get paid until I am out of Korea. So I will have to wire some money after I have physically left Korea. I am with Busan Bank and when I went in to inquire about the online banking to do transfer while i am out of the country they said it cannot be done. (I went with my co-teacher and he is less than helpful).

So what I want to know is has anyone done this before? Ie. Transferring money back to their home account via online banking with Busan Bank. But they are logging in from outside of the country.

Or another helpful information for me is if someone could tell me where there is a Busan Bank branch with a fluent English speaker so I can just go in myself.

Thanks.

Re: Transfering money using Busan Bank
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 11:36:59 am »
There is a branch in Hwamyeong-dong.  There was a lady who spoke English well if I recall.  It could be worth a shot.

As for transfering money outside of Korean, there are certificates we get for online banking.  Busan Bank apparently has one for 4,000W that allows you to do remittance, transfer, etc.  You are able to put certificates on USBs, so I don't see how you couldn't access it from outside Korea. 

Otherwise, have a really trustworthy friend do it for you.

• bhwung
  • Veteran

• April 01, 2011, 08:05:04 am
    • Busan
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 11:43:47 am »
Hi syntex1011,

I've transferred money with Busan Bank before.  First I tried by doing it online, in both the English and Korean versions, but it didn't work.  I walked into a bank hoping they could help me out and the teller working there told me it's not possible to do overseas transfers through the BB website unless you've done it before in person.  It took quite a while to sort out all the details and get it transferred, but it worked.  You need to bring your passport, ARC, bank book and the details of your bank back home.  They have English speakers at all Busan bank branches.

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 02:25:42 pm »
As I will probably have to do this when my time is up soon: Did they transfer it for you after you left or did you access online banking after you left?

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 06:03:38 pm »
Bhwung: how did you precisely do overseas transfer?

I transferred money before and I still have my receipt/papers from it.  Did you have to buy the other online certificate? 

I went in today, and the lady said that I just can't do it.  In her limited English, she implied that for some reason my American passport number has something to do with me not being able to transfer online...

I think I might just go to a different location.