• Samuel
  • Veteran

• September 27, 2006, 10:21:05 am
    • Mokpo
    more
Biblical Studies/BookClub
« on: September 27, 2006, 10:29:36 am »
Hello:

I would like to meet some people who are interested in Biblical Studies/Theology.  Such studies could include an investigation into the historical Jesus, first century Palestine, or a particular book of the Bible, such as Revelation. Personally I am mostly intersted in the Church Fathers and early church history, which includes a study of Gnosticism and paganism. Also, for those who want to learn Greek, Hebrew or Latin, I would be more than willing to teach them. Since I am not a Christian, such studies are for intellectual, not spiritual interest, but I certainly welcome Christians  with open arms. I am not dogmatic in my historical approach to the Bible or Theology. Yes, I went to seminary.
 Lastly, I would like to start a literary book club. We pick a novel and devote ourself to reading and discussing it.  I am currently working my way through the works of Dickens, but I am willing to read any classic novel, from Defoe, Richardson, up to contemporary fiction, but I shy away from living authors, unless he writes literary fiction, such as the Elie Wiesel or the late Saul Bellow. Still, I am open to suggestions.

To meet in Mokpo or maybe Gwangju.

Samuel Morrison[/color]
Man erkennt einen Philosophen daran, daß er drei glänzenden und lauten Dingen aus dem Wege geht: dem Ruhme, den Fürsten und den Frauen - womit nicht gesagt ist, daß sie nicht zu ihm kämen.

Nietzsche

Re: Biblical Studies/BookClub
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 11:25:16 am »
Hi Samuel,

Do you live in Mokpo or Gwangju? If you live in Mokpo I haven't met you yet. If you want to be on the list of events for Mokpo email Neil smada.laen@gmail.com or  Crystal c_davie2001@yahoo.de :)
  I'm interested in starting a book club it sounds cool. I have to admit despite having minored in English at university, I never read a lot of books by the ancient authors. I'm not really into studying theology but learning Hebrew sounds pretty cool. Let me know when you are organizing things. maurankelly@gmail.com

:)
Maura