Read 1364 times

• Row
  • Veteran

• November 14, 2011, 05:27:04 pm
What if your ARC expiry date is later than your Visa's?
« on: October 12, 2012, 11:39:54 am »
I went with someone from my school today to extend my working stay here a month, and they added a new line on the back of my ARC indicating today's date and the new expiry date.

What I didn't think about at the time and that is now bothering me is nothing was done in my passport. There wasn't anything added to indicate a change such as a stamp or anything? Is that normal? I mean when I finally leave the country will immigration at the airport just go by on what's on my ARC or what?

• cbm104
  • Explorer

• June 01, 2012, 02:37:10 pm
    • Suji, Korea
Re: What if your ARC expiry date is later than your Visa's?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 11:45:08 am »
I had this happen to me last year and all the immigration worries about is your ARC card experation date and not your passport visa's experation date.  Don't worry, Everything will be fine as long as you show them your ARC card

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 11:49:03 am »
Your ARC is what matters.

If you're really concerned, call immigration.  1345 from any phone.
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.

• Row
  • Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 12:12:14 pm »
Alright that's reassuring

Also, all the non-working extensions are 1 month max, correct? Mine is for 3 months,so I can safely assume everything is ok as far as me continuing to work legally? Just want to make sure my boss didn't mess anything up.

• lotte world
  • The Legend

• August 22, 2011, 09:00:38 pm
    more
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 12:58:36 pm »
Alright that's reassuring

Also, all the non-working extensions are 1 month max, correct? Mine is for 3 months,so I can safely assume everything is ok as far as me continuing to work legally? Just want to make sure my boss didn't mess anything up.

If you are working for the same school don't worry.

And don't worry about the ARC date.  You must leave Korea on or before that date.  If the date is before your contract ends, then you will be sad.  Since it's after, you'll be fine.

*Nothing* goes in your passport.  The visa stuck in your passport is to get you into Korea the first time.  After that your ARC is your visa.

If your *passport* expires when you are here then you will also be sad.  You can renew your passport according to the rules of your home country.  If you renew your passport then you *must* tell Immi of the new passport number within 14 days, or you will be sad.

• Row
  • Veteran

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 01:37:10 pm »
yes it's the same school, and I have 1 month more on the arc than the contract period although I won't be staying the full 3 months extra anyways

I guess what threw me off is that it all seemed a bit too quick and easy compared to how much of a pain getting here was