Read 1807 times

Downloading English Computer Programs
« on: February 06, 2011, 05:45:18 pm »
Hi,
I really need to install some English versions of Microsoft PowerPoint and Word on my school's computers.  What is that best way of going about that?  Does anyone know of a site where I can download these programs for free?   Thanks and enjoy graduation week  :)

• jahwarrior28
  • Waygookin

• January 26, 2011, 09:24:59 am
    • Gwangju, S. Korea
Re: Downloading English Computer Programs
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 06:51:45 pm »
I don't think you can get Microsoft office applications for free on the internet (legally of course)...

A good, free alternative is openoffice though.  It can do most of, if not all, the same things as microsoft products just a little differently.

I think the website is openoffice.org, but I'm not sure (and am too lazy to google it myself)

• andyfoggy
  • Super Waygook

• December 07, 2010, 12:11:55 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 10:06:08 pm »
just a thought, maybe ask the IT guy that looks after the computers in your school if he has a copy of windows in English
we  have a guy that comes in all the time to replace and fix our PCs and to supply hardware, maybe he would have access to an English version of office too

• Koreak
  • Super Waygook

• November 13, 2010, 08:15:43 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 10:44:03 pm »
just a thought, maybe ask the IT guy that looks after the computers in your school if he has a copy of windows in English
we  have a guy that comes in all the time to replace and fix our PCs and to supply hardware, maybe he would have access to an English version of office too

I second andyfoggy.  The school IT worker might just set you up.  I arrived at her office in my school with a couple cans of coffee from Family Mart and the next day I had English OS on my computer and English Office. 

• taeyang
  • Moderator - LVL 4

• September 08, 2010, 08:35:10 am
    • daejeon
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 07:45:11 am »
try open office? it's free, and handles all the major file types.
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term