Read 5700 times

• orangeman
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 01, 2011, 09:56:35 am
    • Seoul-East Side
Re: All you can eat kicks out 2 overeaters
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2012, 02:53:27 pm »
They also have hard liquor all-you-can-drinks, intelligently limited to one and a half hours in duration.

Whaaaaat?

Where? This sounds amazing. All-you-can-drink liquor > all-you-can-eat Mongolian food.

People who have been around Korea for a few years can tell you tales of a magical place called Carne Station.  This mythical land provided all you could eat galbi (and other BBQ fare), rice, veggies, sides, and even seafood as well as all you could drink booze.  Yes, that meant a bottomless fridge of soju and Korean beer, but it also entailed the hard stuff.  Many a night was passed at this adult amusement park; or at least that's what the police reports detailed the next day.  It was about 30,000won, which was pretty pricey for galbi and beers back then, but totally worth it if you worked efficiently.  They eventually established a time limit, 2 hours I think, but that was still enough time for a newbie to embarrass himself, or a pro to build up a good base for a night out at the bars.  Upon my last visit I drunkenly told one of the workers who was replenishing the whiskey supply that I would personally bankrupt them.  Alas, this warning made in jest turned out to be a cruel omen as they disappeared shortly thereafter, I think by the end of 2007-beginning of 2008. 

However, I have heard of all you can drink beer nights around Seoul.  I think Red Rock has one down in Gangnam, and some other place up in Nowon?  Maybe some places with wine in Itaewon, too.  But when I drink whiskey, I get frisky and to offer me anything else would be risky. 

• Wintermute
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 06, 2011, 01:07:27 pm
    • MURRICA!!!
    more
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2012, 03:32:25 pm »
Id hate to be the guy who had to tell a drunken group their two hours were up.

• macchiato
  • Adventurer

• October 25, 2011, 12:17:22 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2012, 09:59:53 am »
Ooh, I was just about to mention Carne Station. I went there once for my birthday. An all you can drink and all you can eat buffet, that I am pretty sure went under because of the masses of foreigners who went there to get drunk before a night out in Hongdae.

It was definitely around in 2009, but I think it went bankrupt that year.

• TheWB18
  • Expert Waygook

• October 27, 2011, 07:51:30 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2012, 12:54:35 pm »
They also have hard liquor all-you-can-drinks, intelligently limited to one and a half hours in duration.

Whaaaaat?

Where? This sounds amazing. All-you-can-drink liquor > all-you-can-eat Mongolian food.

People who have been around Korea for a few years can tell you tales of a magical place called Carne Station.  This mythical land provided all you could eat galbi (and other BBQ fare), rice, veggies, sides, and even seafood as well as all you could drink booze.  Yes, that meant a bottomless fridge of soju and Korean beer, but it also entailed the hard stuff.  Many a night was passed at this adult amusement park; or at least that's what the police reports detailed the next day.  It was about 30,000won, which was pretty pricey for galbi and beers back then, but totally worth it if you worked efficiently.  They eventually established a time limit, 2 hours I think, but that was still enough time for a newbie to embarrass himself, or a pro to build up a good base for a night out at the bars.  Upon my last visit I drunkenly told one of the workers who was replenishing the whiskey supply that I would personally bankrupt them.  Alas, this warning made in jest turned out to be a cruel omen as they disappeared shortly thereafter, I think by the end of 2007-beginning of 2008. 

However, I have heard of all you can drink beer nights around Seoul.  I think Red Rock has one down in Gangnam, and some other place up in Nowon?  Maybe some places with wine in Itaewon, too.  But when I drink whiskey, I get frisky and to offer me anything else would be risky. 

Ever wish you could unknow something?

I'll never be able to enjoy a night of regular galbi and regular beer among friends again, knowing that it could have been all you can eat. A curse upon this thread.

*A two hour time limit is crafty...I hope none of the all-you-can-eat places at home figure this out. Two hours of unlimited fried rice and crab legs is not enough*