Read 1692 times

• chasmmi
  • Veteran

• January 21, 2012, 02:30:06 am
    • Seoul
Fun miscommunications with a student.
« on: October 21, 2012, 11:50:25 pm »
On thursday I have an adult class consisting of a husband and wife. Their English level us a little low but they are both very nice people and I enjoy our classes together.

On Thursday we awere doing a class on directions and how to find a location and I gave the following homework.

If I had a friend coming to Seoul next week, recommend me a place to take them, tell me why it is a good place and tell me how to get there.

Well yesterday I got an email from the husband telling me that he recommends the Insadong tour and has booked tickets for me, my friend and his family to go on it together.

I think Tuesday's class is going to centre around the phrase 'hypothetically' :)

• aisy
  • Adventurer

• March 27, 2012, 05:08:33 am
    • New York, USA
Re: Fun miscommunications with a student.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 05:29:04 am »
Ha! That's hysterical and kinda adorable.

• kimchikiwi
  • Veteran

• September 12, 2011, 03:55:45 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 11:50:15 am »
About miscommunication... I once gave a primary school kid a handout and told him to take it to the secretary and ask her to make 2 copies. After a few minutes, the kid returned with the handout and 2 coffees.

hahaha that's great!!!  :laugh:

• kristenlm
  • Adventurer

• August 20, 2012, 09:52:16 am
    • Seoul-Sindang
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 12:08:25 pm »
On Tuesday, I was joking with my 5th grade students saying something about giving me chocolate. Thursday, I received 20 chocolate bars when the students walk into class:) I told them that I was joking but I will take the chocolate as prizes for other students.

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 12:28:00 pm »
I once gave students an assignment in which they had to give someone directions to different landmarks. Once of them gave the following instructions: "Use the navigation."

About miscommunication... I once gave a primary school kid a handout and told him to take it to the secretary and ask her to make 2 copies. After a few minutes, the kid returned with the handout and 2 coffees.

lol nice

• Jeff619
  • Expert Waygook

• May 26, 2011, 08:12:52 am
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 02:18:49 pm »
I once gave students an assignment in which they had to give someone directions to different landmarks. Once of them gave the following instructions: "Use the navigation."

LOL

That happened to me on a weekly basis at my hakwon.  I'd tell the secretary that the copy machine is broken and she'd go straight for the coffee machine.