Read 2068 times

• 제이
  • Super Waygook

• October 19, 2011, 12:43:22 pm
    • Suwon, Gyeonggi-do
    more
GEPIK: End of contract bonuses. How much?
« on: September 12, 2012, 10:20:01 am »
I just finished my first GEPIK contract, and I was wondering how much in bonuses I am due, as I haven't received them yet.

From my understanding, it should be 1 month salary + 2.0mill for airfare (I didn't go home, just stayed in Korea) + 2 additional weeks of vacation to go home (I'm planning to go in February).

Is this the case, or am I overestimating the amount I should receive. For example, in the contract when they say "on completion of a contract" do they mean the one year is finished, or after I stop renewing?

Also, when did you get your bonuses?

• hodumaru
  • Veteran

• April 17, 2011, 07:31:10 pm
    • Gangseo-gu
Re: GEPIK: End of contract bonuses. How much?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 10:54:13 am »
You will get 1 month + plus up to 2mil won. The amount depends on the round trip flight to your hometown.

The new contract states the before tax price applies (ie less money).

You will get the money when the first contract is finished and you are starting the renewed contract. I got mine the day after my first contract expired.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 10:56:02 am by hodumaru »

• 제이
  • Super Waygook

• October 19, 2011, 12:43:22 pm
    • Suwon, Gyeonggi-do
    more
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 11:18:59 am »
You will get 1 month + plus up to 2mil won. The amount depends on the round trip flight to your hometown.

The new contract states the before tax price applies (ie less money).

You will get the money when the first contract is finished and you are starting the renewed contract. I got mine the day after my first contract expired.

Hmm.. I better look into this because I've got 0 extra dollars since I started my new contract on the first. I'm pretty sure I should get the full 2.0 mill because my hometown is East Coast USA and the tickets were about that much money, but if not no big deal.

• Deesh
  • Super Waygook

• April 01, 2011, 02:22:10 pm
    • Gyeonggi-do
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 03:39:58 pm »
I didn't travel home and claimed the flight money upon my renewal a few months ago too.

There was some confusion as to what dates the hypothetical flight price should be based upon - eventually we determined it should be outbound on the end date of my contract, and returning exactly 2 weeks later.

The date/day of this can make a big difference - flying on a Saturday compared to say a Tuesday, there were differences of several hundred thousand won. Similarly, if the hypothetical flight was departing tomorrow as opposed to 6 months in future, there'd obviously be huge differences too.

Also, my contract states the price should be "based on a Korean Airline" which was handy because Korean Air was easily the most expensive. If it hadn't specified that, I'd probably have only got around 1.2m rather than the 2.0m I did get.

Be careful with this because I know some schools have twisted the dates or just chosen any option which means they have to pay less money than you're entitled to.