Read 2039 times

• zubair
  • Waygookin

• June 15, 2010, 10:58:59 am
    • busan
desk warming during construction?
« on: January 24, 2011, 07:59:39 am »
I'm part of Epik. My school is making me desk warm even though construction workers are inside building a wall to divide my classroom into 2. sawdust everywhere, everything displaced, construction workers walking in and out. heating turned off....

Isn't there a clause in the contract that says if construction work is happening we don't have to be in school"?

• pippo11
  • Adventurer

• December 09, 2009, 09:37:44 am
    • Suwon
Re: desk warming during construction?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 08:08:54 am »
Unfortunately i can't help out on the details of the contract, I can sympathise however as I am in a similar position to yourself.

Im with GEPIK and am sitting in the office along with three construction workers working on the Air Conditioning system, no heat, noisy, people walking in and out all day. It's been going on since last thursday.....

My guess is that we just have to be at school during deskwarming, there's nothing to stop us moving to say, the library or teachers' room and that is what the higher-ups would tell us to do.

Is there not anywhere else you could spend some time while they are working? I'm a bit of a fitness junkie and have spent most of the mornings so far exercising out in the yard, nobody has told me not to!

• zubair
  • Waygookin

• June 15, 2010, 10:58:59 am
    • busan
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 09:32:30 am »
i spent the past hour and a half in the golf practice room with the heater on 30. ...

• Morticae
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 31, 2010, 12:45:33 pm
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 09:48:10 am »
Half of my school has been under construction for the past month, ever since vacation started for the kids. Nobody even told me it was happening. They removed all of the windows from the school for about a week (as they were replacing them). Because my desk was covered in plastic, I found a classroom the cuddle up in.

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 01:53:51 pm »
Dust?  Well that can cause you to have very bad sinus headaches.  should get you a day off from desk warming with a note.  easy to fake.  you have access to a golf room?  that's cool. 

• jonpurdy
  • Veteran

• March 10, 2010, 01:42:50 pm
    • Ulsan
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 03:24:24 pm »
i spent the past hour and a half in the golf practice room with the heater on 30. ...

You have a golf practice room? Screen golf? My god. I'd voluntarily desk warm for that.

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 04:12:27 pm »
I would be able to go pro by the end of summer.  8 hours practice a day!