Read 3214 times

where is the gmarket
« on: September 04, 2012, 10:27:38 am »
Is it only online or is there an actual shop? Can't find a store locator online. I'm in hongdae. Directions would be super helpfull. Thanks in advance xoxo

• taeyang
  • Moderator - LVL 4

• September 08, 2010, 08:35:10 am
    • daejeon
Re: where is the gmarket
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 10:29:09 am »
 ;D

it's a website:

www.gmarket.co.kr
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

• jackdaniels
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 18, 2009, 02:00:00 pm
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 11:13:37 am »
Someone once asked me where is the Ebay store.  ???

Here is the English link for it.

http://english.gmarket.co.kr/

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 11:55:03 am »
darn it!!!i always ask the silly questions. I dont have a credit card and i only have an overseas debit card so i was hoping it was an actual shop so i could avoid the high charges on my card. haha woopsie!! thanks very muck guys. i feel a bit silly now!!

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 12:01:30 pm »
darn it!!!i always ask the silly questions. I dont have a credit card and i only have an overseas debit card so i was hoping it was an actual shop so i could avoid the high charges on my card. haha woopsie!! thanks very muck guys. i feel a bit silly now!!

You can also pay by bank transfer from your Korean bank account.  They will give you a bank account number to transfer the money to.  That receiving account should be part of the bank you belong to, so you can avoid fees.  Just transfer online or at the ATM.
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 12:34:34 pm »
Do what I do, get your coteachers to order everything online for you, and pay them with cash. Its win-win: you get the discounts from their cards, and they get the shopping points.  :D

• Uhfotis
  • Veteran

• December 29, 2009, 12:19:38 pm
    • Wonju,
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 12:53:42 pm »
The bank transfer route is definitely the way to go. Its very simple and has options for nearly every bank in Korea.

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 01:17:07 pm »
You can also pay with you Korean mobile phone now as well! Sooooooo convenient!  :laugh: ;D :P ;)

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 01:40:40 pm »
Hi
I use Gmarket all the time, I have to say in general I'm very pleased (I sometimes have had next day delivery!) Most of the pages are in English and if you scroll down you can see item details. The suppliers are all random companies that have signed on.

First payment: Do you have a Korean cash card, something you use at the ATM? Look at it carefully. According to the site the following cards will work; cirrus, BC, mestro, Hyundai, shinhan bank card, KB, city, kookmin, Hana Sk or BC, Lotte, NH,Worrri, JJb, Kwangju, suhyeop, jeju bank. Basically most korean cash cards can be used.
Mine is a card that has a little BC printed on it, it's from a bank not mentioned here. BC is not limited to any particular bank. I use my card to pay for stuff when shopping in supermarkets and at the ATM.

Having any of the above cards  means you can probably do internet shopping on Korean sites. Ask a coworker or friend if you are not sure. Then all you have to do is to go onto Gmarket and create a profile. It prefers to use internet explorer.

1 Look at the icon bar on top of the page and find Register.
2 Agree to the terms of service and create your name and profile (make it something like your real name as your Id is what they put on the packages)
3 There are two passwords. Remember what you put in. One is to access your account and the other is needed when you make an order.
4 You may need help typing in your apartment address, I recommend getting a Korean friend to help.
5 There are a few more steps to registering and I cant remember but they were not too difficult. Once you have made your first purchase, its easy sailing from there on.

Hope this is a help.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 02:00:54 pm by highschool123 »

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 01:59:56 pm »
How long have you been in the Country? Get yourself a domestic Korean card, not a Check Card and you can shop away anywhere to your hearts content. Especially in Hongdae.
I just strolled into a recommended bank and managed to sort it pretty quickly (they spoke English, even in Jeju)
I used NongHyup cos they're more prevalent here

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 02:09:31 pm »
hahaha, about 2 months ago, I asked my coteacher if she could show me to the gmarket. hehehe. Don't worry, honest mistake. She did get a good laugh out of it.