Read 2846 times

• ignatmc
  • Adventurer

• March 18, 2011, 08:16:26 am
    • Seoul
Korean Learning Android Apps
« on: August 30, 2012, 12:53:48 pm »
I recently switch from an iPhone 4 to a Galaxy SIII and I'm so disappointed by the apps available for learning Korean (free or paid).
does anybody know a really good korean learning android app ?
I mean the popular ones I've seen are pretty crappy so I was wondering if anybody has a favorite among the less popular ones.
thanks you guys~ ^^

• kjmerri2
  • Adventurer

• November 25, 2011, 08:01:33 am
    • Incheon
Re: Korean Learning Android Apps
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 03:19:23 pm »
Does anyone know a good dictionary app that is free and neutral (most are more focused on English than Korean).

I have Repeat Labs on my phone.  I haven't had any trouble using it both ways.

• kjmerri2
  • Adventurer

• November 25, 2011, 08:01:33 am
    • Incheon
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 03:28:26 pm »
Talk To Me in Korean has an app for android.  (I think my icon says "Koralink", but you should be able to look it up by the full title.)  They have a free website with up to 8 levels of lessons, and it's very well organized.  They do short mp3 lessons about grammar topics, have pdf downloads of the notes, etc.  They do a pretty good job of keeping the app updated with the site's content.  Here's the website, in case you'd also like to check that out:

http://www.talktomeinkorean.com/

• hwana
  • Expert Waygook

• September 29, 2010, 09:19:04 pm
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 03:37:17 pm »
I also use Ankidroid - awesome app, and free too! If you use the Anki2 beta on your computer, Ankidroid is already compatible whereas the iPhone app isn't yet.

Favourite dictionary: 영어한반검색 (online dictionary that searches naver/daum dictionary. Works both ways)
Favourite app for reading: 네이버웹툰 (Naver webtoons)
Random useful app: Dongsa (Korean verb conjugation)

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 04:19:49 pm »
I recently switch from an iPhone 4 to a Galaxy SIII and I'm so disappointed by the apps available for learning Korean (free or paid).
does anybody know a really good korean learning android app ?
I mean the popular ones I've seen are pretty crappy so I was wondering if anybody has a favorite among the less popular ones.
thanks you guys~ ^^

Lets us know what the 'crappy' ones were and maybe we can help you with sourcing 'non-crappy' ones instead