Read 3281 times

• amoonbot
  • Veteran

• November 15, 2010, 08:59:54 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
Tropical Storm Tembin
« on: August 28, 2012, 10:16:42 pm »
Not sure how many of you have heard, but there's another storm coming Korea's way this Thursday. It's not going to be as strong as Typhoon Bolaven but I heard it's going to be pretty windy. Just a heads up. It's supposed to make its way up to Seoul by Friday afternoon.

Re: Tropical Storm Tembin
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 10:29:02 pm »
Tembin seriously can't make up its mind... it's already been through Taiwan twice!  It's kind of exciting to have all these typhoons and storms... just so long as people aren't dying. (^_^)

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 06:36:22 am »

Hopefully it does the same as Bolaven and doesn't dump any rain on Incheon.

• Chicagohotdog
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 04, 2012, 12:25:31 pm
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
    more
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 07:15:00 am »
Is it weird that I want it to come through my area?  I haven't seen a decent storm since I got here and yesterday was sad - all it did was drizzle...
Discount of up to $10 off of first order on iHerb.com ---> CHK096

$10 off of a Tour booked through Viator.com (You get $10 off and I'll get $10 off - that could be an airport ride): https://www.viator.com/raf/PDPOTBSYI

http://travelhacking.org/sammery-wants-you

• taeyang
  • Moderator - LVL 4

• September 08, 2010, 08:35:10 am
    • daejeon
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 09:38:06 am »
since this one is actually going through korea, instead of only scraping, i'd say the likelihood of it being worse is high.

however, i suspect we'll just get some heavy rain and wind. not worth writing home about.
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

• woman-king
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 18, 2010, 03:56:29 pm
    • Gyeonggi
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 11:25:10 am »
since this one is actually going through korea, instead of only scraping, i'd say the likelihood of it being worse is high.

however, i suspect we'll just get some heavy rain and wind. not worth writing home about.

Yeah, the map I saw had it going right across the peninsula, and it looked like it would directly hit Seoul and surrounding areas.  So the damage on the ground could be worse, even if the storm category is lower.

It's supposed to start Friday afternoon for Seoul, right?  Hopefully most of it will happen Friday night/Saturday so there won't be another fiasco about teachers coming in during typhoons, then being sent out to drive home in them again after a couple of pointless hours.

• Deesh
  • Super Waygook

• April 01, 2011, 02:22:10 pm
    • Gyeonggi-do
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 11:44:44 am »

Yeah, the map I saw had it going right across the peninsula, and it looked like it would directly hit Seoul and surrounding areas.  So the damage on the ground could be worse, even if the storm category is lower.

It's supposed to start Friday afternoon for Seoul, right?  Hopefully most of it will happen Friday night/Saturday so there won't be another fiasco about teachers coming in during typhoons, then being sent out to drive home in them again after a couple of pointless hours.

No I think it's meant to hit Jeju in the early hours tomorrow, then spread across the rest of Korea throughout the day - should be in Seoul/Gyeonggi by tomorrow afternoon/evening. And then cleared by Friday morning.

• Deesh
  • Super Waygook

• April 01, 2011, 02:22:10 pm
    • Gyeonggi-do
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 11:46:51 am »

• Canonite
  • Expert Waygook

• March 09, 2011, 11:50:19 pm
    • ROK
    more
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 11:36:07 pm »
Good luck, Mokpo...
*click*

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu County, Taiwan (not part of China)
    more
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 04:26:48 am »
Looked at the wunderground this morning, think it is disappearing very quickly now, so no need to worry.
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!