Read 5153 times

• Nooners
  • Veteran

• September 06, 2011, 01:47:32 pm
    • Suwon
HiKorea appointment with my immigration office
« on: August 21, 2012, 12:18:00 pm »
Hello there!

I need to renew my E2 visa as I'm re-signing with my school for one more year. Even though I've been in Korea for a while, this is the first year I've had to do it myself (usually in hagwons, the director deals with it).

I found the "hikorea" website great (always use internet explorer, though....it seems to have problems in google!)

I would recommend it to everyone as a handy thing, because nobody is a fan of queuing.

I have made an appointment for next week, but I have a question. On the downloadable application form that they allow you to print from the hikorea website, I'm not sure which one means "E2 visa renewal".

I mean, is it just "Alien Registration"? There doesn't seem to be a category for renewing.

This was probably a dumb question, but if someone filled out this application recently can you help me out?

Thanks in advance!

:)

• lotte world
  • The Legend

• August 22, 2011, 09:00:38 pm
    more
Re: HiKorea appointment with my immigration office
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 12:24:23 pm »
I believe it is the top one.  When you click on "Forme" [sic] you get a pop up window.  The text for the top form goes across both columns, which makes it look like a heading.  It's just a really wide information box, and the PDF download link is in the bottom left corner of that box.

You can't do everything yourself.  You need some paperwork from the school (such as their business licence).  I suggest you call 1345 and ask them for a list of things you need.  Oh, and they only give you a general list.  Sometimes when you actually get there they will ask you for something you could not possibly have known you needed.  Don't ask me how I know.

• Nooners
  • Veteran

• Suwon
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 12:40:22 pm »
Thanks Lotte World,

I have the form, but which category means renewal of E2 visa? "Alien Registration" or "Reissuance of Registration Card" or even "Extension of Soujourn Period"?

Yeah, my co-teacher already gave me the list of things I need to bring to Immigration, as well as the "Business Number Form" of the school. She doesn't speak English very well and I know my way around, so it's probably easier if I just do it.

I should be fine- I just don't want to miss my appointment, having filled in the wrong docs, and end up having to queue for hours anyway! (*sigh*- my school won't give me time off to renew it, so I only have between 5:30pm and 6:00 pm, hence why I want to have everything ready).

• JahRhythm
  • Fanatical Supporter!

• May 25, 2011, 12:49:41 pm
    • Seoul
    more
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 12:46:46 pm »
Extension of sojourn period.
Great example of a question for 1345.
We teach EFL not ESL. Hagwon and "Private School" are not synonymous. Not everyone works in either a hagwon or public school. Immigration Question? Call 1345.

• Nooners
  • Veteran

• Suwon
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 12:54:01 pm »
*ping* -that was the penny dropping. 1345 is an English line for immigration? I wonder why it's not on the HiKorea website...thanks though!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 01:04:20 pm by Nooners »

• JahRhythm
  • Fanatical Supporter!

• May 25, 2011, 12:49:41 pm
    • Seoul
    more
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 01:20:14 pm »
Yes it is and it's prominently advertised on the HiKorea homepage.
We teach EFL not ESL. Hagwon and "Private School" are not synonymous. Not everyone works in either a hagwon or public school. Immigration Question? Call 1345.

• lotte world
  • The Legend

• August 22, 2011, 09:00:38 pm
    more
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 02:16:25 pm »
*ping* -that was the penny dropping. 1345 is an English line for immigration? I wonder why it's not on the HiKorea website...thanks though!

It's right in the centre of the page, and at the bottom.  And it has been mentioned several times in response to immigration questions here.

• skippy
  • Expert Waygook

• January 12, 2011, 04:08:17 pm
    • Daejeon
    more
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 11:22:20 pm »
The general form is there.

From the main front page look to the side for the two cartoon characters in the "Quick Menu" box.  Click on Forme (mispelled??) 

Click the first document which is labeled

Integrated Application Form(Appendix Paper No.34)Foreigners registration application, Re-issuance of registration card, Application for extension of stay, Permit application for change of status of stay, Application for assigning status of stay, Permit for participating in activities not outlined by the current status of stay, Change / addition of workplace permit, Re-entry permit (single, multiple), Notification of change of residence, Change in registration information notification form 

It is available in DOC, PDF, and HWP.  Screw it I have also attached the file here too....

The hikorea website can be touchy and confusing at times.  Still good on your for viewing it.   You should consider registering.   It works OK in firefox, better in IE.   Do not forget to let all those extra certificate and other Korean resident programs to install and load.

Also check out this link for the process you want to do...
http://www.hikorea.go.kr/pt/InfoDetailR_en.pt?categoryId=2&parentId=391&catSeq=429&showMenuId=376&visaId=E2
Please consider adding some info to your "Personal Text"  Like type of school, visa status, county of origin.  These little bits of info can help people help you.