Read 1085 times

Applying for a job
« on: August 08, 2012, 09:35:18 pm »
I'm starting the job application process over, this time in the US.  I don't want to go overseas for a while given what happened.  But I got sick at every job I had overseas, which includes both jobs in Korea and my job in Japan.  The Japan one was the car accident, the first Korea one was my eye, and the second one was the lack of a dinner break or any sort of break whatsoever, which eventually lead to illness.

I'm wondering how to deal with my two Korea jobs on my resume.  My Japan job got cut short suddenly, so I won't put that on my resume.  But what should I do with my Korea jobs?  My VP for both jobs is still very mad at me for getting sick and for constantly being sick on the job.  He keeps telling me that working while sick was selfish and it stressed him out.  I'm afraid if I list those two jobs I'll get a bad reference simply for being sick and "unbearable" because of it.

Should I leave off the Korea jobs and start fresh or what?

• taeyang
  • Moderator - LVL 4

• September 08, 2010, 08:35:10 am
    • daejeon
Re: Applying for a job
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 12:54:02 pm »
you're applying for a job in the US? what are the chances that an employer will want to call your old korean principal?

if they ask for a reference letter, then you'll have to explain what happened.

either leave it on your resume and simply talk about the skills and knowledge you acquired on the job, instead of the amount of time you worked for. or don't put anything on your resume and have to explain a long period of unemployment.
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

Re: Applying for a job
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 08:58:10 pm »
There are a few sites for teachers to register on that some school districts prefer to receive applications from that I registered on.  You can't register without all contact information from previous employers.  I just crossed my fingers and am now hoping for the best.