Read 2212 times

• bawaugh
  • Super Waygook

• March 04, 2012, 08:49:30 pm
    • Geoje
    more
How to apply for sick leave. - EPIK
« on: August 07, 2012, 12:00:13 am »
After a nice holiday around Korea I have come home with some Diaohhrea. Thus I have spent today and it looks like spending tomorrow at home (last two days of vacation). However on Wednesday I have to report to my Elementary School for duty (Desk Warming and Lesson planning for summer Camps).

Now if I am still suffering my illness on Wednesday what is the procedure to get sick leave? - text my co teacher and then try and find the nearest English Speaking Doctor ASAP? I have already visited the local pharmacy for pills. Or should I just ask for an anti constipation drug and report for duty to an empty school.

PV=nRT

Where
P is pressure
V is volume
n is number of moles
R is the gas constant
T is the temperature

• lotte world
  • The Legend

• August 22, 2011, 09:00:38 pm
    more
Re: How to apply for sick leave. - EPIK
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 12:17:29 am »
After a nice holiday around Korea I have come home with some Diaohhrea. Thus I have spent today and it looks like spending tomorrow at home (last two days of vacation). However on Wednesday I have to report to my Elementary School for duty (Desk Warming and Lesson planning for summer Camps).

Now if I am still suffering my illness on Wednesday what is the procedure to get sick leave? - text my co teacher and then try and find the nearest English Speaking Doctor ASAP? I have already visited the local pharmacy for pills. Or should I just ask for an anti constipation drug and report for duty to an empty school.

Anti-constipation drugs on top of diarrhea will cause hilarious consequences to ensue.

Your contract tells you what to do for sick days.  Probably you should call your co-teacher.

Diarrhea will usually clear up in a few days.  It's very important to drink lots of fluids while it runs its course (so to speak).

• JeremyC
  • Featured Contributor

• July 15, 2012, 03:48:16 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 07:22:53 am »
You could email/call your co-teacher today and explain the situation, it'll give them time to prepare for your possible absence. If you turn up on the day they'll likely be relieved but if you don't they'll appreciate the advance notice.
It's nice to be important but more important to be nice.

• bawaugh
  • Super Waygook

• March 04, 2012, 08:49:30 pm
    • Geoje
    more
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 09:29:40 am »
You could email/call your co-teacher today and explain the situation, it'll give them time to prepare for your possible absence. If you turn up on the day they'll likely be relieved but if you don't they'll appreciate the advance notice.

Thanks for the advice, I plan to do that latter.

I check my medication from the pharmacy and find that they did give me anti diarrhoea pills, (which is a pity I would rather get the infectious material out).
PV=nRT

Where
P is pressure
V is volume
n is number of moles
R is the gas constant
T is the temperature

• JeremyC
  • Featured Contributor

• July 15, 2012, 03:48:16 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 03:26:30 pm »

Thanks for the advice, I plan to do that latter.

I check my medication from the pharmacy and find that they did give me anti diarrhoea pills, (which is a pity I would rather get the infectious material out).

Yeah I might hold off on taking it until I have to be somewhere. I think you're right the general advice is 'Better out than in', unless you're losing too much liquid to be replaced.
It's nice to be important but more important to be nice.