Read 19153 times

suicide counseling
« on: August 02, 2012, 10:42:34 pm »
Does anyone know of any suicide counselors in Korea? I can't shake these thoughts. Please be serious.

• bawaugh
  • Super Waygook

• March 04, 2012, 08:49:30 pm
    • Geoje
    more
Re: suicide counseling
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 11:06:52 pm »
I know that those who attempt to comit suicide and fail are glad that they failed.

From a quick search of the internet for phone councilors:
http://www.suicide.org/hotlines/international/south-korea-suicide-hotlines.html
But I don't know if they speak English or not.

You can email Samaratins in the UK on jo@samaritans.org.

If you can not find somebody call an international number and use an English speaking Service. Your life is worth far more than the cost of a call.

Get help and don't put it off.
PV=nRT

Where
P is pressure
V is volume
n is number of moles
R is the gas constant
T is the temperature

• JeremyC
  • Featured Contributor

• July 15, 2012, 03:48:16 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 12:10:20 am »
Does anyone know of any suicide counselors in Korea? I can't shake these thoughts. Please be serious.

Which thoughts? I've probably had some of them too, at some point. It's sometimes hills and troughs, if you're in a trough it's likely you'll reach a peak pretty soon. Maybe you'll need someone to talk to in the meantime.
It's nice to be important but more important to be nice.

• Harpoinseoul
  • Expert Waygook

• March 23, 2011, 06:49:03 pm
    • Coquitlam, BC
    more
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 12:57:41 am »
Skype Video Counselor in Coquitlam, BC

Make the best use of what's in your power; take the rest as it comes.

The thing that upsets people is not what happens; but what they think it means.

Epictetus (55 - 135 C.E.)

Inter-faith spiritual counselor
http://www.harpo.ca

• rxqueen
  • Veteran

• December 01, 2010, 02:56:38 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 11:26:23 am »
This place is located in Seoul and has many psychologists with different specializations.  You can call or E-mail them right away and they will respond immediately and set up an appointment with you.

http://ahskorea.com/counsel/

Also, they have all been trained in the West so language will not be an issue.

Please take care of yourself and I wish you the best.

• GoCyclones
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 01, 2012, 10:34:54 am
    • Central Seoul
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 12:49:34 pm »
ahs are nice people, but they cost a freakin' mint.

Try Harpo.

• SpaceRook
  • Expert Waygook

• November 18, 2010, 11:54:36 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 07:15:16 pm »

I don't have any information.  Just want to say that I hope you make it through this difficult time.  Stay strong. 

• Hoosier_Jedi
  • Expert Waygook

• April 08, 2011, 01:56:38 pm
    • Icheon
    more
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 06:20:30 am »
I'd also recommend Harpo. He's good at what he does and is easy to talk to.

• Gyroid
  • Adventurer

• August 21, 2011, 04:28:45 pm
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 04:58:23 am »
I wonder if there is a way for this to be stickied or put into an easy to reach thread at the top of life issues.

Some people may not want to search for it, or just have easy access to it when coming to the site.

One question about all of this:
Will the counselors talk to your school about going here or are they not allowed to?

• JeremyC
  • Featured Contributor

• July 15, 2012, 03:48:16 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 06:51:48 am »
I wonder if there is a way for this to be stickied or put into an easy to reach thread at the top of life issues.

Some people may not want to search for it, or just have easy access to it when coming to the site.

Will the counselors talk to your school about going here or are they not allowed to?

Good idea, I'll move it to 'Services and Help' and sticky it.
It's nice to be important but more important to be nice.

• Harpoinseoul
  • Expert Waygook

• Coquitlam, BC
    more
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 11:17:21 pm »
No, I will not. Canadian confidentiality laws are in effect. BTW, there is a list of counselors on my site. They are not employed by me, but am simply offering a service to the community by advertising them. Call around and ask questions. Find one that fits well with you. All the best to you!!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 09:42:30 am by Harpoinseoul »

• BradinKorea
  • Waygookin

• August 05, 2011, 06:45:36 pm
    • Anyang, South Korea
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 09:36:15 pm »
Hey. If you want to message me your problems, you can. I have been through a lot so chances are I could give you good advice. When times are bad, I always remind myself that it never stays bad forever.

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2013, 08:50:45 am »
My friend talks to a guy in Cheonan.  He practiced in the USA so his English is fluent and he is cheap too, 30,000 a session including meds. 

I have a friend that I teach with that was a psychologist in the public school systems back home in Canada.  I am sure if you gave me your e-mail address I could connect the two of you and he would talk to you for free.  Just give me a PM and I can sort this.

Also do you have any close friends you can trust?  They may also be able to help and to listen. Do you have any outlets to release stress?  I find, personally for me that yoga and boxing helps.

Please, please don't do anything to harm yourself. 

• MrBean
  • Waygookin

• March 05, 2013, 08:05:25 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2013, 09:31:27 am »
Best of luck to you. There's a lot of good info in here (more Sk-based advice than I could give), but I'd like to second the need to find a release that connects with you. Exercise, specifically weightlifting) did wonders for me, and something kinetic like boxing or calming like yoga may also help (courtesy of Laurateacher).

If you lean towards the artistic spectrum, think about putting your thoughts or feelings on paper or canvas. Free-writing, in particular, might allow you to free up some of the tension. It can be as simple or well-structured as you like, and nobody ever has to see it. Exploring the humor in dark spaces helped me in some of those times.

Just a few thoughts on it. Good luck to you, and just know that there are others out there that relate, even if you don't know of any personally. It does get better so long as you deal with it instead of running from it.

• alainbut
  • Veteran

• February 27, 2013, 12:08:10 pm
    • Bundang, South Korea
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2013, 12:54:29 pm »
Please get the help you need.

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2013, 06:05:57 pm »
hey laura teacher can you by chance give me the information of someone to talk to in Cheonan? Is he a general physciatrist? Thanks.

My friend talks to a guy in Cheonan.  He practiced in the USA so his English is fluent and he is cheap too, 30,000 a session including meds. 

I have a friend that I teach with that was a psychologist in the public school systems back home in Canada.  I am sure if you gave me your e-mail address I could connect the two of you and he would talk to you for free.  Just give me a PM and I can sort this.

Also do you have any close friends you can trust?  They may also be able to help and to listen. Do you have any outlets to release stress?  I find, personally for me that yoga and boxing helps.

Please, please don't do anything to harm yourself.

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2013, 02:14:13 am »
Sorry.  I only just saw this.  I will go about getting his information from my friend for you.  Just waiting for her reply.

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2013, 05:19:03 pm »
041) 565 8275 is the phone number of the counselor that my friend visits in Cheonan.  From all accounts and purposes the reception staff don't speak English.  Although the doctor's English is excellent, just an FYI for if call to make an appointment.

• Harpoinseoul
  • Expert Waygook

• Coquitlam, BC
    more
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2013, 12:23:16 pm »
041) 565 8275 is the phone number of the counselor that my friend visits in Cheonan.  From all accounts and purposes the reception staff don't speak English.  Although the doctor's English is excellent, just an FYI for if call to make an appointment.

Laurateacher - What is this counselor's name? Thank you!

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2014, 04:01:11 pm »
Oh, I don't know his name, sorry  :-[