Read 1132 times

• peja
  • Newgookin

• February 22, 2012, 06:25:20 pm
    • Seoul
Any startups by foreigners/kyopos out there?
« on: July 28, 2012, 08:16:22 pm »
I am wondering if anyone know if there are any startups out there runned by foreigners or kyopos. I am thinking about setting up a business some day here in Korea so I would like to get in touch with people who have the same interest. I know there are some communities like koreabusinesscentral.com, but doesn't seem to be much startup activity there.

• skippy
  • Expert Waygook

• January 12, 2011, 04:08:17 pm
    • Daejeon
    more
Re: Any startups by foreigners/kyopos out there?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 02:48:19 pm »
Yes, usually restaurants, bars, and stores.  Through others.   Maybe the AFAIK group might have some people, but getting on their board is tricky.   

Second, opening a business is tricky a bit.  Unless you are married to a Korean, have some Korean links, or have LOTS of money to get an investors visa you can not open a business.

Can we get some details of who you are and what you want?
Please consider adding some info to your "Personal Text"  Like type of school, visa status, county of origin.  These little bits of info can help people help you.

• peja
  • Newgookin

• February 22, 2012, 06:25:20 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 10:55:22 pm »
Yes, usually restaurants, bars, and stores.  Through others.   Maybe the AFAIK group might have some people, but getting on their board is tricky.   

Second, opening a business is tricky a bit.  Unless you are married to a Korean, have some Korean links, or have LOTS of money to get an investors visa you can not open a business.

Can we get some details of who you are and what you want?

What I basically want is to hear success stories from others who have made it. I got a F4 visa and working as a software developer in a bio tech company in Korea. The conditions are good but I feel as if it's time to get back up on the horse again have another go as an entrepreneur.

I reckon there are people out there tired of their day job, who have tried or trying to set up their own business in Korea, I wonder how it goes/went. What were the challenges?

• Cy&Leon
  • Veteran

• October 10, 2010, 05:49:41 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 03:22:53 pm »
Join the AFEK group since you have a F visa.