Read 2276 times

Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS)?
« on: July 12, 2012, 08:31:35 am »
Does korea even believe in such a thing?  I can't seem to find one.
I may need one for my precious computers.  I don't trust some of the shady electrical wiring in some of these old
one room buildings so I think I better invest in a UPS to plug my computers into.

Does anyone know where I can buy one in Korea? Any links? Store names?  Thanks (budget: 50,000 to 150,000 won).
In an empire of lies, telling the truth is treason - Ron Paul

• lotte world
  • The Legend

• August 22, 2011, 09:00:38 pm
    more
Re: Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS)?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 08:39:56 am »
Sigh.

I just typed UPS into GMarket and got a bunch of hits.

Please try harder next time.

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 01:44:27 pm »
Gmarket?  Sorry, I'm buying from a site that overprices all their products.  I'm looking for a actual stores in Korea that might sell them.

Gmarket simply orders products off other sites for you and then has them delivered to ur door and charge you extra for the profit and rape  you on brokerage fees.

I don't need to try harder.  I've already learned to avoid Gmarket.

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 02:42:04 pm »
Techno Mart or Yeongsan. Both are over priced. They will have it.

Also, my tiny hamlet of a village the XEROX place sells them. They order them and it takes a week or so, but you can get them.

• lotte world
  • The Legend

more
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 07:25:50 pm »
Gmarket?  Sorry, I'm buying from a site that overprices all their products.  I'm looking for a actual stores in Korea that might sell them.

Gmarket simply orders products off other sites for you and then has them delivered to ur door and charge you extra for the profit and rape  you on brokerage fees.

You said you couldn't find one.

• livzy
  • Super Waygook

• April 21, 2012, 09:08:25 pm
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 07:32:33 pm »

I'm guessing he didn't check Gmarket, as he is opposed to profiteering.

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 09:35:22 pm »

Yes, and you could have just left it at "GMarket" without disparagingly adding "Sigh. Try harder." 

• lotte world
  • The Legend

more
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 09:49:15 pm »

Yes, and you could have just left it at "GMarket" without disparagingly adding "Sigh. Try harder."

You're absolutely right.

Did you find one yet?

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 09:51:55 pm »
Well, I couldn't find one at EMART or LOTTE MART.  The guys there didn't even know what a UPS was.
I checked GMarket as you said just for the heck of it, and found only 1 type they are selling which is 92 to 120k for just 1 plug at the back.....too expensive for just one plug.

After that, I don't know of any other sites to check....maybe alibaba..?  I'm going to try the large electronics depot stores or hopefully someone on waygook has a PC store that sells it for N. American-like pricing.

• lotte world
  • The Legend

more
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 09:56:31 pm »
How about danawa.com?

I have no idea how that site works, but searching for UPS brings up some results, and some links to other companies.

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 10:00:00 pm »
thanks, i'll check that site now.