Read 2034 times

• livzy
  • Super Waygook

• April 21, 2012, 09:08:25 pm
Dammit. What's the worst that can happen?
« on: July 08, 2012, 03:05:49 pm »
I got home last night to no gas, so no cooking or hot water.

I haven't been keeping up with the bills - not short of cash, just short of diligence in that area  >:(

I'll pay tomorrow (short story is I need a little help because of my useless bank); how long before it gets turned back on and will there be extra charges?

Also can I pay extra and not have a bill for a few months?

Finally yes, the thumbs down is for me.

• livzy
  • Super Waygook

Re: Dammit. What's the worst that can happen?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 03:46:29 pm »
Thanks, KLM ;D. I wonder if I could call the company today? I don't speak enough Korean to make myself understandable, though. I can't expect a gas company to have English speakers. It's a bit of an ask but I guess I could contact a co-teacher. Hmm, I accepted today was going to be cold showers and sandwiches. I need to go out and get more bread. The kettle boils 1.5 liters - enough to wash some dishes and make coffee. Now this is turning into a stream of conscious.

Thanks again!

• Cereal
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 16, 2011, 12:51:55 pm
    • Earth
    more
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 12:45:07 pm »
There is probably a shut off valve for your gas line somewhere outside your apartment. It will likely have a red handle. Find it! The handle will be perpendicular to the gas line, turn it so it is parallel. Voila! Gas!
"The urge to destroy is also a creative urge."
Bakunin

• livzy
  • Super Waygook

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 01:55:16 pm »
Not too sure about messing with the gas line, I might look for that valve but not too hard especially if it's mixed up with the neighbors !

• bb
  • Super Waygook

• October 20, 2010, 08:19:17 am
    • korea
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 02:15:50 pm »
Worse comes to worse_ Even if you can't talk to anyone_I had a similar mishap about a year ago and they were very prompt at turning me back on after I sent payment.  Easily within 24 hours, closer to 8 if I remember correctly.

• livzy
  • Super Waygook

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 03:50:40 pm »
I found the valve - it took me all of 20 seconds! it was the only one with a warning message on and the pipe leads directly into my apartment.  ;)

This afternoon I opened an account at a less rubbish bank, paid the bill, set up an automatic payment and now have hot water and can cook food again.

Which is nice.

As an addendum; my co-teacher noticed the electric bill was for a different address (the apartment upstairs) to the water and gas  ::)

That could've turned into one unholy mess.

• Cereal
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 16, 2011, 12:51:55 pm
    • Earth
    more
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 03:28:17 pm »
I found the valve - it took me all of 20 seconds! it was the only one with a warning message on and the pipe leads directly into my apartment.  ;)

This afternoon I opened an account at a less rubbish bank, paid the bill, set up an automatic payment and now have hot water and can cook food again.

Which is nice.

As an addendum; my co-teacher noticed the electric bill was for a different address (the apartment upstairs) to the water and gas  ::)

That could've turned into one unholy mess.

As my student's shirt says, "Easy Peasy!"
"The urge to destroy is also a creative urge."
Bakunin