Read 2103 times

• Orson
  • Veteran

• May 16, 2012, 09:50:45 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdVqMxnZf-M

I've heard this everywhere for the past few months.  Is it a cover or remake of a Western song?  I'm convinced that I've heard the tune before I came to Korea, but this is apparently a new song that just came out in the past few months.  I tried Google, but nothing's coming up about it being a remake.

If it's not a remake, was it used in any Western movies or commercials?  I know that I've heard this song before, unless of course I'm just losing my mind.

Listening to KPOP everywhere in Korea can make you lose your mind and think that haha.

• madison79
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 19, 2010, 01:26:04 pm
    • Interweb
http://youtu.be/iDuMp2kDxos

Simpson's did it!   :'(
It's -ev to deal with some people.

• taeyang
  • Moderator - LVL 4

• September 08, 2010, 08:35:10 am
    • daejeon
i can't *stand* the song. something about the guy's singing just drives me crazy.
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

• wrinklebump
  • Expert Waygook

• March 20, 2012, 01:31:12 pm
    • Ulsan, Korea via Detroit, Michigan
hi kpop sucks bye
Livin in a pathetic epidemic with schizophrenics buyin synthetic bodies on credit

• Orson
  • Veteran

• May 16, 2012, 09:50:45 pm
hi kpop sucks bye

Obviously.  That's not the point.

To be fair, this isn't "K-pop".  It's more soft rock, indie, etc.   As a mediocre listener of Asian music, I can't recall a song this resembles despite Koreans usually copying everything their hear.  The vocals are quite unique as he his singing high notes on every measure of the chorus. 

This song doesn't really have a melody. It's a loose copy of some kind of European style thing but it's never going to be anything anyone would remember and hum to themselves. Maybe that's why you think you've heard it before. They've decided to do a certain kind of song but they can't directly copy what's already out there so they've been forced to create their own non-tune

The band is quite good actually.

Their drummer, Brad, is an American bloke and I believe they either won or got second in Superstar-K Season 3.

They just announced that they'll be at Jisan Rock Festival this month.

• 0mnslnd
  • Expert Waygook

• June 03, 2011, 08:10:01 am
Every Kpop song drives me crazy.

The wannabe English lyrics in them. Their lack of originality in style. Together with the fact that they play them day after day.

I heard yet another new irritating kpop song the past week. Something like "I like you baby but I'm not a monster" . I sighed and thought to myself : Now I have to hear to this piece of crap for the next 9 months. Boomshaka laka  :o

Wanted to post the link where they copied the whole tune of "Because I got high by Afroman" into making another earworm Ksong but I couldn't find the video

Out. Never been happier

I like this type of music as well and I think Eggieguffer hit the nail on the head