Read 2271 times

• Apple
  • Veteran

• June 26, 2012, 10:10:50 am
    • Korea
Getting your ARN ahead of time.
« on: July 01, 2012, 11:12:12 am »
I went to the Immigration office and submitted everything, and I was told I would get my ARC after the 10th of July. I heard someone somewhere say that I can get my ARN ahead of time without having to wait for the card (so you can apply for bank accounts, etc), but no one at the Immigration office had a word of English so when I tried to request this I just got confused looks. Does anyone know anything about this? Did I have to do it on the spot or could my director call someone up to get it?

• skippy
  • Expert Waygook

• January 12, 2011, 04:08:17 pm
    • Daejeon
    more
Re: Getting your ARN ahead of time.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 04:07:13 pm »
Maybe there is some sort of temp card, receipt, or letter.  I am surprised that since getting the ARC takes a few weeks, that the immigration department does not at least give the ARC number.
Please consider adding some info to your "Personal Text"  Like type of school, visa status, county of origin.  These little bits of info can help people help you.

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 06:05:03 pm »
Yeah, there is totally a way. What you can do is ask them for an official document that says your ARC number, that's all you need. It costs 1,000won. They have your number the day your register. I think it might depend on your region. So, Ask your CT or whoever to call the immigration office...Also, there is another office in regional capitols that issues marriage and death certificates. They can also get it for you. You can open up an account at some banks without the actual card, but no KB for sure. NH did it for me.
So if it unclear, here is how it went for me:
My CT took me to register, she asked them about my number. They gave it to her right away. She was nervous about just having a number written on a post it. We waited 2 days and went back to a guy, not in the main immigration office but in the same building, he printed it out, put the stamp on it, and signed it.
Hope this helps.

• Apple
  • Veteran

• June 26, 2012, 10:10:50 am
    • Korea
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 06:26:39 pm »
Yeah, there is totally a way. What you can do is ask them for an official document that says your ARC number, that's all you need. It costs 1,000won. They have your number the day your register. I think it might depend on your region. So, Ask your CT or whoever to call the immigration office...Also, there is another office in regional capitols that issues marriage and death certificates. They can also get it for you. You can open up an account at some banks without the actual card, but no KB for sure. NH did it for me.
My CT took me to register, she asked them about my number. They gave it to her right away. She was nervous about just having a number written on a post it. We waited 2 days and went back to a guy, not in the main immigration office but in the same building, he printed it out, put the stamp on it, and signed it.
Hope this helps.

Damn. Why the hell don't they just offer this to everyone? Or just automatically charge the extra 1,000 and give it? They already took 10,000 off me. My immigration office is really far away. How would my director pay the 1,000 over the phone?

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 07:01:52 pm »
Hope this helps.

Damn. Why the hell don't they just offer this to everyone? Or just automatically charge the extra 1,000 and give it? They already took 10,000 off me. My immigration office is really far away. How would my director pay the 1,000 over the phone?

No help for you on that one. Which region are you living in? My recruiter actually told me about it. He was amazing...Korean Horizons. I am around Changwon-Si.

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 08:53:54 pm »
Hope this helps.

I got the paper with my number on it, too, and was able to get an account at Nonghyup. I got my paper at the myeon-samuso for the myeon I live in.

• thbsp
  • Adventurer

• March 08, 2010, 09:20:17 am
    • asan, chungnam, korea
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 03:03:30 pm »
you can request a form called 외국인등록증명서 (proof of foreigner registration).  it has all the same information as your ARC and more, such as previous stays in korea (if you finished a contract and left and then came back on got another ARC, or if you had previously been here as a tourist, for example).
i went to the 종로 branch of immigration and they had a separate window in a hallway beside the main room just for getting official documents such as this one.  cost 1000원, as stated earlier, in cash.  no idea if this is available at smaller immigration offices, but i can't see why it wouldn't be.