Re: Funny Co-Teacher's Comments
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2011, 06:46:17 am »
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 10:14:05 am by daveyc18 »

• Gillod
  • Veteran

• December 01, 2009, 07:29:17 pm
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2011, 07:51:42 am »
Just this week I had another teacher in my school come to my office to ask me something. When she walks in she starts going "No shit! No shit!". I'm just kind of staring at her when she points to a chair in the other room and starts to go drag it in. What she was trying to say was "No sit".

Along those lines, I had a co-teacher going for her TESOL and one of her assignments was to write a children's story. Hers was a parable about a bear that tried to get some honey and got stung by a bee. It included 2 memorable passages:

"Dad Bear is brutal beating his child, maybe to death, for being so stupid" and the last words, the moral of the story: "That is why you don't touch other person's shit"

• Davey
  • Moderator - LVL 3

• February 01, 2010, 01:36:20 pm
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2011, 10:16:38 am »
waygook.org has zero tolerance for prejudice.
------------------------------------------
Search this site using Google by typing, "site:waygook.org [search term]," especially during peak hours. Alternatively, use the site's search function.

EPIK: VISA, RENEWING, PENSION, ETC:

http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,2614.0.html

« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2011, 11:54:39 am »
In front of the whole class...

CT: "Today we look at erections!"
Me: "Aaaa   :-X .... directions, yes, we are studying directions today."

« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2011, 12:00:24 pm »
talking about future goals...

ss: I want to be a bagina.
ct: a vagina? what is this job?
me: a what? *laughing*
ct: (asks something in korean.) oooh, a bagina. you know, making the buildings...
me: what? *laughing a lot at this point*...oh! a designer! d-sound! designer!

• Koradian
  • Fanatical Supporter!

• October 08, 2010, 10:29:15 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2011, 11:59:58 am »
So, this year we had a new principal come in and take charge. Most teachers are quite unhappy as, right from the beginning, he is trying to change the 'system'. (So I'm told)

I have one co-teacher who is extremely unhappy and told me at lunch she's figured out a way to escape his wrath...

"I dislike him so much that I'm thinking about having another baby. This was I can claim maternity leave and stay home from work!."

• theTazz
  • Veteran

• March 30, 2011, 08:33:51 am
    • Jeju Island
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2011, 12:48:18 pm »
I have been in Korea a week today. That makes two days at each of my schools so far.

Everyone, teachers and students, reacts with huge gasps when I say I'm from South Africa. I guessed this is because they all have a very stereotyped image in their heads of Africa and Africans, but today my co-teacher laid it out for me in no uncertain terms:

"Like me, they thought you were going to be just a black person." Er. Political correctness fail :D

• dwebsterlfc
  • Veteran

• September 15, 2010, 10:24:21 am
    • Incheon, Korea
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2011, 01:10:30 pm »
Not exactly a co-teacher comment but it was another teacher in the school sent me a message on my cool messenger, at this point i didn't know that Cool messenger was a system that, as well as being used for personal messages, could be used to pass notices out throughout the whole school.

I messaged back saying sorry I don't speak Korean.

The reply was 'DEATH!!!'

I was slightly alarmed and asked my co-teacher exactly what I'd done and he explained that there had been a death in 1 of the teachers families. The language barrier is an interesting thing lol.

« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2011, 01:19:10 pm »
I wouldn't limit that too just Koreans either.......my Saffa friends have said the same thing happened to them when they went to the likes of the U.S and the U.K  ???

I have been in Korea a week today. That makes two days at each of my schools so far.

Everyone, teachers and students, reacts with huge gasps when I say I'm from South Africa. I guessed this is because they all have a very stereotyped image in their heads of Africa and Africans, but today my co-teacher laid it out for me in no uncertain terms:

"Like me, they thought you were going to be just a black person." Er. Political correctness fail :D

• Brirish
  • Veteran

• March 22, 2011, 03:33:52 pm
    • Namyangju
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2011, 01:34:44 pm »
Regarding one particular female student: She is retarded.

Me: Look of mild shock.

CT (obviously  misinterpreting my look for one of non-understanding): In the head. (Points to head).

• theTazz
  • Veteran

• March 30, 2011, 08:33:51 am
    • Jeju Island
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2011, 01:37:28 pm »
Very true. I had similar experiences in France and Germany. It's more how shocked they are that amuses me... :P

I wouldn't limit that too just Koreans either.......my Saffa friends have said the same thing happened to them when they went to the likes of the U.S and the U.K  ???

• donuts
  • Adventurer

• October 13, 2010, 02:19:46 pm
    • Suwon, South Korea
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2011, 02:00:07 pm »
Coteacher: Do you like to tan?

Me: Sure, sometimes. You?

Coteacher: Absolutely Not!

Coteacher: I saw you have a criminal background check.

Me: Yes, I had to get it for my visa.

Coteacher: Why, because you have a tattoo?

• Koradian
  • Fanatical Supporter!

• October 08, 2010, 10:29:15 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2011, 02:17:16 pm »

Coteacher: I saw you have a criminal background check.

Me: Yes, I had to get it for my visa.

Coteacher: Why, because you have a tattoo?

Priceless!

• bmym80
  • Veteran

• September 14, 2010, 01:30:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2011, 02:32:48 pm »
I was talking to me co-teacher:
CT: My brother used to be handsome.
Me: (I am thinking he had an accident) Is he ok?
CT: No. He is ugly now.
Me: (thinking he must look like death is knocking on his door) Is he in pain?
CT: No pain. He is bald.

• Matty W
  • Waygookin

• August 30, 2010, 09:01:32 am
    • Yeonggwang
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2011, 08:24:11 am »
Just met young male co-teacher at a new school. After telling me a dozen times that I am handsome (nothing new there for Korea, but thank you), he informs me "I draw you." He proceeds to take out a piece of paper and sketches me from across the table as if we were on our first date. Looks like I'm making friends. Nice to meet you too.

« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2011, 08:39:06 am »
Just met young male co-teacher at a new school. After telling me a dozen times that I am handsome (nothing new there for Korea, but thank you), he informs me "I draw you." He proceeds to take out a piece of paper and sketches me from across the table as if we were on our first date. Looks like I'm making friends. Nice to meet you too.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• ramackenzie
  • Adventurer

• November 10, 2010, 03:09:49 pm
    • Busan, South Korea
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2011, 03:32:21 pm »
After declining a handful of crispy rice crackers (because I'm convinced I'm going to chip a tooth trying to eat the stuff) my co-teacher said, "But it is good exercise!".

• Jessica G
  • Adventurer

• November 28, 2010, 01:30:54 pm
    • Paju, South Korea
« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2011, 03:46:15 pm »
Along those lines, I had a co-teacher going for her TESOL and one of her assignments was to write a children's story. Hers was a parable about a bear that tried to get some honey and got stung by a bee. It included 2 memorable passages:

"Dad Bear is brutal beating his child, maybe to death, for being so stupid" and the last words, the moral of the story: "That is why you don't touch other person's shit"

HILARIOUS!!!  :P ;) :)

• andyfoggy
  • Super Waygook

• December 07, 2010, 12:11:55 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2011, 08:17:10 am »
this was a while ago when Obama came to office

School principal: How do you like your new president?
                   Me: He is not my president. (I am not from America)
School principal: Hysterical laughing and patting my shoulder giving me a knowing look before limping still laughing up to his office for a few hits of the soju

• Lisa_03
  • Adventurer

• September 01, 2010, 02:27:45 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2011, 10:03:35 am »
The music teacher at my school and I do weekly language exchanges. Last week, I taught her some phrases about health/sickness. Yesterday, I saw her in the hall and casually asked: "How are you doing today?"
Her face fell and she responded sadly: "I'm suffering from diarrhea for 2 days." I laughed, but then explained that we don't normally tell other people about those problems.
Today, when I asked her: "How are you?"
Her face lifted and she replied proudly: "No more diarrhea!... But today I'm suffering from constipation".

Well, at least she's putting the expressions into use.