Read 2357 times

• Canonite
  • Expert Waygook

• March 09, 2011, 11:50:19 pm
    • ROK
    more
Would I regret not going to the Yeosu Expo?
« on: May 29, 2012, 08:28:59 am »
Hi guys...

I've been mulling over this whole Expo thing and wondering if it's really worth going to (I'm trying to save as much money as possible and make it to Japan for a weekend in the next couple of weeks and then I'm off to Europe for a month).

I've heard that the better things have lines of up to an hour...and I'm mostly interested in the architectural things (will those be open to the public after the Expo?).

So...the question is...would I be kicking myself for not going? Is this a must-see? Or can I give it a pass and just go check out whatever buildings are left after the Expo closes in September or October?

Thanks,
Tamas
*click*

Re: Would I regret not going to the Yeosu Expo?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 08:49:18 am »
It's hard to say.  I have only briefly been in (I live in Yeosu so bought a season pass so I can come and go as I please), but not all exhibits have big queues and the exhibits that are popular amongst Koreans (most of the visitors) may be different to what you want to see.  But, even though it was Buddha's birthday weekend I peeped in, most queues I saw weren't too long, although I imagine things like the aquarium are going to be longer.   I don't think there have been any announcements as to what will happen to the site after Expo, but I can't imagine it all getting demolished.

• Peekay1982
  • Expert Waygook

• October 04, 2010, 09:12:28 am
    • 부산
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 10:08:47 am »
I'm probably gonna head down after I finish my contract at school on the 8th - the missus wants to go. I live in Busan so it's not too far. The newspaper ad made me laugh - "92 days of unforgettable memories". I'm not sure I'd want that many unforgettable memories.

• mogbert
  • Veteran

• October 25, 2010, 10:12:37 am
    • Goheung
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 08:24:14 am »
We went during children's day and although not all of the pavilions were open, what we got from it was that it's more or less a bunch of museums and promotional pamphlets for each country.  And we felt like it was aimed more at people who have never traveled before but if you've traveled quite a bit, you might not find the exhibitions and pavilions all that impressive.

I'm also interested in seeing what the heck they're going to do with all the buildings after the expo.

• lotte world
  • The Legend

• August 22, 2011, 09:00:38 pm
    more
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 08:42:40 am »
I'm going next month.

Yeosu is actually a mini-expo, which happen in between the 'real' Expos.  I went to the previous two 'real' Expos in Nagoya and Shanghai, so I am curious to see a smaller one.

To find out what happens after an Expo you could go to the former Expo site in Daejeon.

• Canonite
  • Expert Waygook

• March 09, 2011, 11:50:19 pm
    • ROK
    more
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 12:15:11 pm »
Thanks :) is the 33k won for just one day or the full weekend?
*click*

• Mlatte
  • Veteran

• December 20, 2010, 07:55:07 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 12:58:37 pm »
My husband and I were at the Expo this past weekend.  It was a great experience and I would definitely recommend making a trip there.  My personal favorites were the Water Pipe Organ and Tower (you can get a cool free mug there after the tour), Aquarium with fish from around the world, and the Robots Exhibition.  Also, the Big O Show was very entertaining.  We went on the weekend (Buddha's Birthday weekend) and we experienced some lines...one took about two and a half hours.  My husband stayed an extra day (weekday) and he said that there were hardly any lines.  During Peak Days, it was $40,000 Won per day, but I am unsure as to how much is it during the regular weekdays.  I would recommend buying your tickets through interpark before you go.  Also, in order to save yourself time in the lines, you can also make pre-reservations on the website.  You can make up to 2 reservations for the special exhibition. 

• tesoljon
  • Expert Waygook

• March 13, 2012, 12:16:12 pm
    • Ansan-si
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 07:25:17 am »
Thanks :) is the 33k won for just one day or the full weekend?

Just for 1 day, and that's if you're with a group.

http://ticket.interpark.com/Global/Play/Expo/Expo.asp