Read 1335 times

• money55
  • Super Waygook

• July 05, 2011, 02:12:38 pm
    • south korea
How do I cancel my phone?
« on: May 27, 2012, 02:46:02 pm »
I'm not in Korea anymore and I need to cancel my phone contract. How do I do that from out of the country?

• kje
  • Explorer

• April 29, 2012, 08:06:12 pm
    • south Korea
Re: How do I cancel my phone?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 06:06:25 pm »
visit the telecommunication company's website or make a phone call.

• JahRhythm
  • Fanatical Supporter!

• May 25, 2011, 12:49:41 pm
    • Seoul
    more
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 08:32:57 pm »
Yes, what a nasty pickle you've found yourself in.
I'm glad the combined expertise of the waygook world has managed to provide you with the answer to this confounding riddle.
:)
We teach EFL not ESL. Hagwon and "Private School" are not synonymous. Not everyone works in either a hagwon or public school. Immigration Question? Call 1345.

• flasyb
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 30, 2010, 12:10:03 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 11:24:38 pm »
visit the telecommunication company's website or make a phone call.

Actually, I heard if you just hold your hands up in the air and scream to the telecommunications god, "CANCEL! Oh cancel my contract ancient god of yore. When my bank balance dwindles thusly, my keyboard skills grow rusty. Oh, cancel my contract ancient god of yore!"

And then sacrifice a lamb.

Conversely, you can try the more modern communications god known as "google". He, in his near infinite wisdom, will provide you with a telephone number. At this point, you should hit up an even more modern god known as "skype" and skype, lord of the calling, will aid you further.

If you have a more specific question, you should have asked it.

:P :P :P

Just kidding of course! I hope you get it cancelled. If the problem is more serious, perhaps someone can help you further provided you are more specific.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

We are not "guests" in Korea. Korea didn't invite us over for Pimms in the garden. We are paid employees.

• Philbo
  • Adventurer

• July 24, 2012, 10:36:17 am
    • Korea
    more
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 11:59:14 am »
In retrospect.

Cancel it before you leave Korea.

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 02:19:56 pm »
I want to do the same, but I want to keep my phone. So, in a sense, I want to *buy* the phone and have it as my own personal item. I know that this is possible, as it is a smartphone, and that a BUNCH of people have done it before, but I am not certain on the exact details or ways of doing it.