Read 2550 times

• JABU NXAU
  • Veteran

• June 03, 2011, 06:20:35 pm
    • KOREA
    more
Pulling a prank on "forward/busybody" students.
« on: May 18, 2012, 09:26:55 am »
Does anyone know where I can find those laxatives that look like chocolate? Some of the students at this school needs to be taught a lesson that you don't scratch in the English teacher's stuff! So I want tot teach them a bowl moving lesson! ;D ;D ;D
do your best always!

• cruisemonkey
  • Expert Waygook

• March 25, 2011, 02:17:57 pm
    • China
    more
Re: Pulling a prank on "forward/busybody" students.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 09:49:47 am »
That could be construed as physical assault... don't do it!... just smack 'em with a stick.  ;)
The Ks once gave me five minutes notice. I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

• lotte world
  • The Legend

• August 22, 2011, 09:00:38 pm
    more
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 10:02:14 am »
Does anyone know where I can find those laxatives that look like chocolate? Some of the students at this school needs to be taught a lesson that you don't scratch in the English teacher's stuff! So I want tot teach them a bowl moving lesson! ;D ;D ;D

You can buy bowls cheaply in Daiso or the 1000 won shop.  You could teach them prepositions like 'in', 'under', 'next to' by moving the bowls I suppose.

• JABU NXAU
  • Veteran

• June 03, 2011, 06:20:35 pm
    • KOREA
    more
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 10:05:42 am »

You can buy bowls cheaply in Daiso or the 1000 won shop.  You could teach them prepositions like 'in', 'under', 'next to' by moving the bowls I suppose.

hahaha good one sorry for the typo should be bowel, yes?
do your best always!

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 10:08:56 am »
That's a horrible idea. Laxatives are no joke, and you could get into serious trouble.

If you want to play a harmless prank, try getting one of those joke gum packets. When they stick their finger in it gives them a little pinch. If you find a gag gift store online you might be able to buy it.

Or you can ask someone from home to send you some fireball candies. I played a little joke on my kids with those, and they loved it. They hated the candies, but loved the joke! Korean students appreciate a good joke, but you don't want to cause them physical harm!

• lotte world
  • The Legend

• August 22, 2011, 09:00:38 pm
    more
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 10:25:24 am »

You tell me.  You're the English teacher.

• cruisemonkey
  • Expert Waygook

• March 25, 2011, 02:17:57 pm
    • China
    more
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 10:32:49 am »

That's OK, bowels can also be used to teach prepositions of place. For example -
"The kimchie that was in my bowl is now in my bowels, but my butt is over the squat."
Middle school boys 'love' this.

Many of my students came away believing there are two kinds of letters in the English alphabet: 5 bowels and  21 constapants.  ;D

Education is the laxative of life.
The Ks once gave me five minutes notice. I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

• Mark van
  • Veteran

• February 04, 2011, 10:55:24 am
    • Busan, Korea
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 10:49:28 am »
Yeah I would definitely not use laxatives. I was at a party once and someone put laxatives in another persons hot chocolate. It turned out that the person had to go to hospital and was sick and nauseous for over 12 hours.

Maybe try scare him in front of the other students or something. There is a website that you must cautiously move your mouse pointer through a maze and at the end a monster jumps out at you. I can't remember where I found it but I'm sure you could just use Google to find some good gags :P

• plchron
  • Super Waygook

• July 20, 2011, 10:24:04 am
    • Ulsan
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 11:41:39 am »
Go to a pharmacy and hand them this note:

저는 변비가 있어요.

Give the kids a minimal amount, you don't want them going to the hospital.

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 12:15:47 pm »
This is quite disturbing.  It concerns me that a teacher is even considering this.  Not only is it illegal, it's very dangerous.  Laxative is a medication and medications are poisons when used incorrectly.  Not only will you cause them discomfort, you could easily cause dehydration and worse.  You're seriously considering doing this? 

If my employee did this, I'd fire them.

If my teacher did this, I would hate them forever.

If my child's teacher did this, there would be hell to pay, possibly including a fat lawsuit if any significant damage were caused.

The students wrecked your property?  I would deal with it as a teacher.  Use proper discipline.  Remove priveleges.  Make them clean.  Make them stay after class/school.  Talk to the homeroom teacher (and parents via the homeroom teacher) and decide on discipline that way.

Can you imagine what would happen if you did this.  A teacher slipping laxatives?  The fallout would be immense.  Goodbye job, goodbye Korea (and if you're really unlucky, Hello court).

And while I think discipline is the best way to approach this, if you want to do a prank, why not do one where no one is poisoned? 
-Snapping gum
-video/computer game where a scary face pops up and scream
-Fill some old pizza boxes with worksheets, close them and bring them into class, and when the kids get excited for a pizza party, open them to reveal the worksheets.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 12:46:56 pm by justanotherwaygook »
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.

• Jrong
  • The Legend

• April 28, 2011, 12:52:32 pm
    more
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2012, 12:31:25 pm »
 :laugh:

"When in doubt...ask Troglodyte" ~0mnslnd

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2012, 01:10:01 pm »
JABU NXAU: You are the type of (insert profanity here) that gives all of us English teachers a bad name.  What would the other Korean teachers/parents/students think when they found out?  You are not in college anymore >:( .  Dosing students (or anyone) with laxatives is not funny.  That you would even consider doing it show immense immaturity.  Grow up, grow a brain, and go back to your home country.

• Brian
  • Featured Contributor

• September 19, 2006, 01:07:56 pm
    • Pittsburgh / Jeollanam-do
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2012, 05:53:08 pm »
Thread locked.  You're a teacher.  Act like it. 
In Korea from 2005 - 2010, not in Korea now.  Please contact an active moderator for quick answers to your questions.

Current project: http://www.pennsylvasia.com/