Read 3777 times

• datsu23
  • Waygookin

• August 23, 2011, 07:49:45 pm
Since the Running Man Bomb Game (which reviewed making sentences in the past tense), I've taught my students the Present/Past Progressive or Continuous Tense and then followed it up with this short lesson on making negatives sentences using "not" and an Angry Birds Bomb Game.  The game will definitely get students to repeatedly make sentences, which is my goal this semester.  I hope it'll be as fun for your students as it was for mine!  Let me know how it goes!

The zipfile contains all the soundclips in the game as well.

Thank you, thank you, Thank you. I've been drilling sentences for a bit. My students don't like it (or me) because they think its boring. Maybe this will change their minds.

• ohmymyesl
  • Adventurer

• September 25, 2010, 09:53:57 am
    • South Korea
This is just wonderful! I've tweaked it a little bit adding in some background explanation w/r/t the the differences in the types of sentences. Thank you so much for posting. 

• suraj444
  • Waygookin

• August 30, 2011, 01:51:33 pm
    • Gyeongbuk
Awesome lesson, I will use the sentences lesson, been meaning to try something like this

• ohmymyesl
  • Adventurer

• September 25, 2010, 09:53:57 am
    • South Korea
Thought I'd let you know: I am doing this lesson with my students and they are just loving it. The game is a huge hit. Thank you so much for posting this great lesson.

• datsu23
  • Waygookin

• August 23, 2011, 07:49:45 pm
You're welcome! It's great to hear that your students are enjoying it! Also you are right about having to give some explanation for the sentences. I just did it verbally and on the board.  This lesson was also used after several lessons on sentence structures in the present, past, and progressive tenses, as my students level of English isn't that high.  However, as one example, with much repetition, most of my students now know not to put the verb at the end.

Re: Sentence Building Unit - Negative Sentences (Angry Birds Bomb Game)
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 07:29:29 am »
Thank you for this, it's brilliant! The kiddos love it (well minus the drilling bit, that can be like pulling teeth), and I do as well!

Thanks again, fabulous job!!

• icecreamkills
  • Adventurer

• September 07, 2010, 08:19:11 am
    • Yeosu South Jeolla
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 09:15:53 am »
With some very minor changes, this game lesson worked very well for me. I see it's part of a unit you made about sentence building. Any chance you could upload the other stuff as well? Thanks.

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 01:59:17 pm »
Oh and one thing I noticed and forgot to mention in my previous post, in the present progressive section, I'm pretty certain that "having a pet?" doesn't make any sense... unless you're being petted? Petting your cat? I don't know. I changed it "brushing your teeth" instead!