Read 2564 times

• mryogurt892
  • Veteran

• April 26, 2010, 09:25:20 am
    • Busan
    more
English World of Warcraft (type) game
« on: December 17, 2010, 02:46:17 pm »

I can not give grades, I can not punish, I can not do anything to make students pay attention. 

So I created this game.
This is a complex game that requires dice, printouts that are laminated, and imagination.  I know most will not try this, but it took a long time to make, and my students looove it, so I hope someone else can use it as well.

Powerpoint includes: Spells, Character cards, Armor, Weapons

Here is a brief instruction manual, but I hope you custom tailor it to your needs.

Students can draw their own character on their Character card.
I give them like 20 experience points (XP)points and they can put those points toward Intelligence Stamina Charisma or Wisdom.  these points make them stronger

Here is where the English part comes in. Whenever I give them work to do, I normally make it a race, and the first team to finish will get extra XP. Once they fill out their XP bar, then they get more points to spend on their character.
I also take about 10 mins at the end of class to the students battle it out, and give spells or weapons or armor as the reward.

I use dice to determine the winner of the battle.  if the attacker has  + 10 attack and the defender has +5 defense, then the defender loses 5 health points (HP)

If they cast a magic spell then their attack or defense points are multiplied by the number they roll on the die.

its designed to be a team game, I use this for my afterschool program and for camps.

good luck

• Awesomo
  • Adventurer

• October 27, 2010, 08:15:09 am
    • Hongcheon, Korea
Re: English World of Warcraft (type) game
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 03:49:02 pm »
Replying to say I'll be back. Busy now so I can't read all of this or comment. Seems at least novel/interesting.
ESL Outpost - Tools and Information for Teachers Living Abroad

• Leticia
  • Waygookin

• September 03, 2010, 03:01:55 pm
    • Masan, South Korea
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 04:03:49 pm »
Shouldn't it be called "World of WORDcraft"? har har har

Sorry, I really couldn't help myself and I'm super excited to try this out with my students.

Thank you!!!

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 11:20:43 am »
Proud you are my friend.