Read 1302 times

• jon-anon
  • Veteran

• May 10, 2011, 04:03:23 am
    • Gyeonggi-do
Company ink?
« on: May 08, 2012, 07:09:19 am »
As a general rule, I abide by the phrase, "Don't dip your pen in the company ink."  It's sound advice, just in case things go badly and also due to possible sexual harrassment-type issues.

Does this apply to student teachers that are placed at one's school?  I mean, they're not really employees of the school, right?

Also, this being Korea, it seems that coupling up in the workplace is common and even preferred here. 

What do you think? Anyone pull off a workplace relationship in the ROK?  How did it turn out?

Re: Company ink?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 09:34:30 am »
If I were to answer this based solely on your post, I'd tell you to steer clear, as you don't sound very sure about your interest in her.

If I'm wrong and you are really interested then go for it, keeping in mind that you job is on the line if things go south. Even if you're not in the wrong, the potential ruckus she can cause could still do you in.

I've seen it work and I've seen it not work. Just be honest with yourself about how interested you are. I'm not willing to risk it, but I've yet to meet anyone in the workplace worth risking it for.

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 12:36:53 pm »
I live in a small town. To continue your euphamism, I made it a point to not get ink in my city. Too many potential problems.

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 07:01:43 am »
As a general rule, I abide by the phrase, "Don't dip your pen in the company ink."  It's sound advice, just in case things go badly and also due to possible sexual harrassment-type issues.

Does this apply to student teachers that are placed at one's school?  I mean, they're not really employees of the school, right?

Also, this being Korea, it seems that coupling up in the workplace is common and even preferred here. 

What do you think? Anyone pull off a workplace relationship in the ROK?  How did it turn out?

This rule is generally used when you are at a lifetime position and issues of intimacy can affect your employer.

You are not a child, neither are your co-workers.  You are both adults.

If you find yourself mutually interested with another adult, then your employer's approval shouldn't matter.

Many co-workers meet and get married.

Some students and professors get married.

If you're an adult, it's all fair game.

MC

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 10:38:15 am »
When you say student teacher, do you mean she's a college student only there for a few months?

If that's the case it should be no problem. Just keep it secret from the school if you date while she's still serving her term and then you're free to continue openly once she's gone. It's only a month or two more before the student teachers finish anyway...