Read 260 times

• catbird
  • Newgookin

• November 17, 2021, 01:42:32 am
    • Bundang
Accused of moving here to have sex with Koreans?
« on: Yesterday at 10:06:19 pm »
Tonight my wife (white American) and I (white American) were with friends, a gay couple (white Canadian men), and we were accused of coming here to have sex with Korean women.  I also keep seeing foreigners in general and English teachers in particular, especially teachers on the E-2 visa, accused of this on various internet forums, even though we seem to be the least likely out of anyone in Korea to date Koreans, with the exception of American military personnel.  Has anyone else noticed this in other forums online, or in real life comments? 

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
Re: Accused of moving here to have sex with Koreans?
« Reply #1 on: Today at 08:05:55 am »
Err...welcome to Korea?

This has been the case for decades. Excellently catalogued here - http://populargusts.blogspot.com/search/label/Xenophobia%20or%20Nationalism

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:17:30 am »
Even if someone came here for that, who cares?

News Flash: People wanna have sex with other people.

Obviously there's creepy "Oh wow, you're Korean, you're so hot. Hi, Noonar. Wow, your Korean eyes are so sexy. Say 'You are handsome' in Korean. kkkkk "

These are known as creeps and they are creepy to ALL women.

Any person of any nation who thinks that women are "their women" and that they are pure and must be defended against dating outsiders is a POS. This road of shitty behaviour and views goes both ways. Koreans who get mad at foreigners for dating "their women" are, dare I say it, even worse than the fetishists.

• SPQR
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 08, 2018, 07:04:54 pm
    • Sierra Leone
« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:11:07 am »
Wait, there was another reason?

I'll get my coat.

« Reply #4 on: Today at 09:27:44 am »
It's nationalism and xenophobia coupled with projection. The type of people who tend to openly accuse strangers of this with no basis for it whatsoever also tend to be the same type of people who go on sex tours in SE Asia and approach random foreign women to ask if they've ever slept with a Korean man before, lol.

"Do you live alone? You Russia? How much?"

I remember this story about an American woman who married a Korean man, and her little sister came to visit one year. Husband took little sister out to buy something, they got approached by another Korean man who kept trying to "buy" the little sister. Who was very obviously still a child, to make it worse. Very same man would probably spit at a passing foreigner for trying to "steal our women."

They're just shitheads. There's literally no rational thought behind it, they're xenophobic/racist asshats who're just using it as an excuse to harass others. Most of them are major hypocrites. Just ignore them.
« Last Edit: Today at 09:32:10 am by Chinguetti »

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:39:28 am »
Outside of that, people here really buy into stereotypes, no matter how ridiculous those stereotypes are. This particular stereotype is one of the more malicious ones (perpetuated by groups known for their xenophobic rhetoric), but, really, there's no end to them. Obviously, it's not everyone, but it is a fact of life for expats here, and you've got to be mindful of it so that you don't get caught off guard later, lol.

« Reply #6 on: Today at 09:44:46 am »
It's nationalism and xenophobia coupled with projection. The type of people who tend to openly accuse strangers of this with no basis for it whatsoever also tend to be the same type of people who go on sex tours in SE Asia and approach random foreign women to ask if they've ever slept with a Korean man before, lol.

"Do you live alone? You Russia? How much?"

I remember this story about an American woman who married a Korean man, and her little sister came to visit one year. Husband took little sister out to buy something, they got approached by another Korean man who kept trying to "buy" the little sister. Who was very obviously still a child, to make it worse. Very same man would probably spit at a passing foreigner for trying to "steal our women."

They're just shitheads. There's literally no rational thought behind it, they're xenophobic/racist asshats who're just using it as an excuse to harass others. Most of them are major hypocrites. Just ignore them.

Was the OP not talking about Westerners making this accusation, not Koreans? Actually It's a bit confusing as he said he and his wife were accused of coming here to have sex with Korean women, by two gay guys. Or were the gay guys also accused? Don't know what's going on there.  No offence to you but in my experience by far the demographic that accuses straight, white men of coming to Korea to have sex with Korean women the most,  is straight, white women. Though that could be because I don't hang out with Koreans much.

« Last Edit: Today at 09:53:11 am by grimlock2 »

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #7 on: Today at 09:48:28 am »
it must the latter, right? but yeah i wasn't sure either
more gg more skill

« Reply #8 on: Today at 09:51:49 am »
Far out!!! This rubbish is still going on?

What others said. Even though it is unpleasant and you want to do something about it, it's best to just ignore it. They are sad, angry people. I can assure you that I've also had this xenophobic crap thrown at me more than a few times (although it was awhile ago now), even when with my daughters. I'm sure that many men have experienced the same, sometime in their lives here.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #9 on: Today at 10:45:03 am »
A Korean man asked me where I was from and what my job was and then asked THREE times if I "liked" Korean women, if I "dated" Korean women, if I had a Korean "girlfriend". "Yeah, I guess" "Sometimes" and "No".

He was 40-something, that age when Korean men seem to be either your best friend or biggest jerk.

« Reply #10 on: Today at 10:55:22 am »
Was the OP not talking about Westerners making this accusation, not Koreans? Actually It's a bit confusing as he said he and his wife were accused of coming here to have sex with Korean women, by two gay guys. Or were the gay guys also accused?
Yeah I'm a bit confused as well.

Was his wife accused of coming here to have sex with Korean women? The gay guys in a bisexual threesome? Are they telling the gay guys they only came here to have sex with Korean men?

This is starting to all sound a bit kinky. Was this an accusation or an invitation? Maybe person was trying to bring OP to one of those swinger clubs.
« Last Edit: Today at 10:57:56 am by Mr.DeMartino »

• SPQR
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 08, 2018, 07:04:54 pm
    • Sierra Leone
« Reply #11 on: Today at 11:30:26 am »
Yeah, it is such a double standard.  I couldn't care less if Koreans
want to go to my home country and shag everything that moves.
But god forbid a white guy gets lucky with Korean women.

Although, this phenomenon happens most with middle aged Korean
men who have a unfounded sense of entitlement. They perceive
Korean women as their possessions.  I have noticed that the
younger generation are much more cosmopolitan and worldly in
this respect.