Read 1622 times

• Jrong
  • The Legend

• April 28, 2011, 12:52:32 pm
    more
DIY's question: Korean Sliding Doors
« on: May 03, 2012, 10:10:00 am »
I can't locate the adjustment screws on my sliding door. Looks like they may be hidden behind a panel but I'm not sure how that panel is attached/integrated with the door as it looks to be part of it or glued to it. Any DIY's out there who have experience working with Korean sliding doors? Thanks.
"When in doubt...ask Troglodyte" ~0mnslnd

• jon-anon
  • Veteran

• May 10, 2011, 04:03:23 am
    • Gyeonggi-do
Re: DIY's question: Korean Sliding Doors
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 11:17:11 am »
What are you trying to adjust?  Did you try removing the door from the track (lift up then tilt the bottom out I'd imagine)  If you can't see it, it may be on the bottom or top.

• Jrong
  • The Legend

• April 28, 2011, 12:52:32 pm
    more
Re: DIY's question: Korean Sliding Doors
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 11:36:08 am »
I'm trying to take the doors off so I can move large furniture from one room to another.

In the US the doors have adjustment screws near the bottom. Looks like the adjustment screws on this one (to raise the little steel wheels underneath so that it drops down onto the track) are covered by a "panel". Panel seems to be attached to the door pretty securely and I'm not sure how to pop it off without destroying an expensive door.

I did manage to get one of the doors off by just lifting it and swinging out the bottom but I had to force it out and I'm not comfortable doing that when dealing with a $1,000 door. I would think you'd be able to take off the panel somehow and adjust the screws so that the door "falls" down onto the track and then you could swing out the top instead of the bottom, right?

I attached some pix of the panel (the "thing" I'm prying at).
"When in doubt...ask Troglodyte" ~0mnslnd