Read 2855 times

• slandrey
  • Waygookin

• March 26, 2012, 07:38:04 am
    • Waegwan, South Korea
Describing Appearances and Guess Who Part 2
« on: May 03, 2012, 08:48:34 am »
I used the game Guess Who as a follow up activity to make sure that they remembered how to describe appearances, but this time I emphasized using full sentences. I will attach the list of sentences I used for my Guess Who game. I also made my own Guess Who board which I will also attach the file for.

This lesson did take a bit of prep work. I had to print 32 color copies of my game board. Then, I laminated the board so that the students could use dry erase markers on them. I also made thick poster board dividers, but that didn't really end up being necessary. You will also need cards with the Guess Who people's names on them (but you can get away with not needing those by letting the students pick their person themselves).

My co teacher really helped me out with the lower level students when it came to the sentence patterns, but once the students have the pattern down you won't hear any Korean spoken in the classroom.

To get them excited, I started with showing them the game board up on the display. We went through to make sure they knew who each person was. Then I switched over to the sentences, and made sure they understood vocabulary like: actor/actress, singer, athlete, politician, plastic surgery. Then I showed them the game board again, and they had to tell me who is the actor/actress, singer, politician, and who had plastic surgery. They were then given 10 minutes to memorize the sentences. This is where my co teacher became a big help with explaining the sentence patterns (for my low levels), and then quizzing them after the 10 minutes by giving them the question in Korean, which my students then had to translate to English.

Then the game actually began. I briefly went over the rules: 1. No Korean, 2. Use only "yes" or "no" questions.

For a wrap up they had to play one round with me. They had to guess who my person was.

• tsacelbuod
  • Adventurer

• April 20, 2012, 09:09:48 am
    • South Korea
Re: Describing Appearances and Guess Who Part 2
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 03:20:05 pm »
just wanted to say thanks for making the guess who? game board. for the last week of descriptions, i've been using your board as a nice way to pretty much end the unit. i can say that many of my students enjoy it. when your board comes up on ppt, i can already hear my 1st year middle school girls getting excited. thank you for helping me out!