Read 967 times

E-2 VISA CANCELLATION
« on: May 02, 2012, 10:17:16 am »
Hi all,

I'm sure this question has been answered, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I have just left my contract early, it was a mutual agreement for me to finish early. I am wondering what to do with my E-2 Visa. I plan to travel to Japan, but then I want to come back to Korea to do some touring and relax a bit. I have no intention of teaching here again, but I would like to be able to stay in the country legally. I have heard that I can hand in my ARC at immigration at the airport and that cancels my VISA. Is that really true? Would I then be aloud to return to Korea as a tourist?

I really appreciate any help anyone can give me with this matter. Thanks so much!  :D

• lotte world
  • The Legend

• August 22, 2011, 09:00:38 pm
    more
Re: E-2 VISA CANCELLATION
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 10:28:32 am »
Hi all,

I'm sure this question has been answered, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I have just left my contract early, it was a mutual agreement for me to finish early. I am wondering what to do with my E-2 Visa. I plan to travel to Japan, but then I want to come back to Korea to do some touring and relax a bit. I have no intention of teaching here again, but I would like to be able to stay in the country legally. I have heard that I can hand in my ARC at immigration at the airport and that cancels my VISA. Is that really true? Would I then be aloud to return to Korea as a tourist?

I really appreciate any help anyone can give me with this matter. Thanks so much!  :D

Very likely the answer is yes, you will be allowed to return as a tourist.

As with all questions of this type call immigration 1345 for a definitive answer.