Read 5357 times

Help! Lost my Korean cards.
« on: April 28, 2012, 04:54:02 pm »
I lost my wallet last night. Inside was my ARC card and Korean Debit Card. I tried to find an emergency number to cancel the debit card but I've had no luck. The card is with Kookmin Bank. Anybody dealt with this before? Thank you for your help!

• JahRhythm
  • Fanatical Supporter!

• May 25, 2011, 12:49:41 pm
    • Seoul
    more
Re: Help! Lost my Korean cards.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 06:03:41 pm »
For new ARC card call immigration 1345.
We teach EFL not ESL. Hagwon and "Private School" are not synonymous. Not everyone works in either a hagwon or public school. Immigration Question? Call 1345.

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 06:57:46 pm »
Thanks for the number. I got an old co-teacher to call for me because the English translator doesn't work on weekends. I read elsewhere that I should visit immigration for another ARC card so I'll add that to the list of things. Thanks again!

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 09:47:38 pm »
I went to the immigration office today and put in a request for a new card. It will take three weeks. I can't get another bank card, and therefore can't withdraw any money, until I receive my ARC card. Luckily I have a few bones lying around the house but not enough, which mean I'll have to eat ramien for dinner and scrap weekend beers.

Moral of the story, in case you lose your wallet, have three weeks worth of money tucked away somewhere. Or you know, be responsible.

• JahRhythm
  • Fanatical Supporter!

• May 25, 2011, 12:49:41 pm
    • Seoul
    more
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 10:13:54 pm »
Cant you withdraw money the old-fashioned way ( like a withdrawal slip filled out and given to the bank teller) while providing your passport and bank book as ID?
Pretty sure you can.
We teach EFL not ESL. Hagwon and "Private School" are not synonymous. Not everyone works in either a hagwon or public school. Immigration Question? Call 1345.

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 07:29:39 am »
I went to the immigration office today and put in a request for a new card. It will take three weeks. I can't get another bank card, and therefore can't withdraw any money, until I receive my ARC card. Luckily I have a few bones lying around the house but not enough, which mean I'll have to eat ramien for dinner and scrap weekend beers.

Moral of the story, in case you lose your wallet, have three weeks worth of money tucked away somewhere. Or you know, be responsible.

I would think that since they have your ARC on record already, all you need to do is provide acceptable ID, as in your Passport?

(I'm not too sure what I did in the past...maybe I used my K-drivers licence)
I'm loving iHerb. Check out http://www.iherb.com/ and enter my Rewards Code HLC923 to receive up to $10.00 off your first purchase

• Llynne
  • Adventurer

• September 03, 2011, 02:06:23 pm
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 08:58:50 am »
yeah i lost my cards once too and i was able to withdraw money using my bank book and my passport as I.D..the weathers too nice to forego weekend beers! :P