« on: April 27, 2012, 02:11:55 pm »
Ordered a bad choice of pizza yesterday, reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biIKpegx7h4

• scottdk
  • Veteran

• October 04, 2010, 12:30:13 pm
Re: Making Korean Pizza!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 02:53:01 pm »
I love pizza! I like the pizzas in Korea, but this video is funny.  The whole time I was watching I was thinking, "where's the corn, where's the corn?" then bam! CORN!!!

• bpankey
  • Explorer

• April 28, 2012, 02:45:00 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 03:44:19 pm »
I just bought a toaster oven and am going to try to make my own pizza. I did it back home well enough. This Korean pizza is just not getting it done!!

• madison79
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 19, 2010, 01:26:04 pm
    • Interweb
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 05:14:05 pm »
Don't forget the corn!
It's -ev to deal with some people.

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 01:14:26 am »
Sweet potatoes do not belong in the same room with a pizza. Anyone that disagrees, the back of my hand will answer any complaints.

• ptwthrly
  • Newgookin

• April 29, 2012, 12:32:59 pm
    • Haenam, South Korea
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 12:37:42 pm »
Yeah sweet potatoes do not go on a pizza

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 12:07:54 am »
It is pretty common sense...sweet potatoes and corn should be banned from all pizzas. There should be pizza regulations for these type of situations.

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 12:15:29 am »
It's pretty common sense.  Eat what you like.  I'm sure an Italian would cringe at 90% of what passes for pizza in all of our home countries.  But that doesn't matter and I don't care about their opinion.  Proper Italian pizza is delicious, but if you want to put pineapple or sweet potato or corn on it, go nuts.
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 12:28:15 am »
Alrighty then, I'll take 1 Happy Pizza to go, please...

• Khanate
  • Veteran

• May 11, 2011, 08:05:38 am
    • Montreal
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 07:08:05 am »
Chicken pizza from Papa John's is most certainly the most foul pizza I have ever eaten. The pizza contained mustard instead of tomato sauce. I do not mean that there was a trail of mustard on top of the pizza as they sometimes do with mayonnaise, but rather that under the cheese instead of being tomato sauce it was full-fledged mustard. I wanted to die.

• tesoljon
  • Expert Waygook

• March 13, 2012, 12:16:12 pm
    • Ansan-si
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 07:28:32 am »
Chicken pizza from Papa John's is most certainly the most foul pizza I have ever eaten. The pizza contained mustard instead of tomato sauce. I do not mean that there was a trail of mustard on top of the pizza as they sometimes do with mayonnaise, but rather that under the cheese instead of being tomato sauce it was full-fledged mustard. I wanted to die.

Mustard mustard? Yellow French's mustard? Or that sweet mustard that passes for honey mustard here?

Also, pumpkin pizza. *barf* I had to throw the whole thing away.

• ajb22
  • Explorer

• July 28, 2011, 03:57:28 pm
    • Suncheon
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 07:09:50 pm »
My fave Korean takeout pizza is Nanta! And Grand Piatto restaurant does a cracking one too! Making me hungry...

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 07:54:37 am »
Huh. I absolutely LOVE Korean pizza, especially the sweet potato! I guess to each their own, but I love it! I like it with regular potatoes on it too and some of that creamy garlic sauce.  ;D

Also, there's some *really* good bulgogi pizzas out there too. A friend of mine and I go to a spot in downtown Daegu every few weeks to scarf one down. SOOOO friggin good!

• giselea8
  • Explorer

• January 31, 2012, 01:57:05 pm
    • Italy
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 10:09:51 am »
You can go to Imsil in Jeollabukdo. They are known for cheese. And you can make cheese and a special pizza. And you get to eat the pizza you make for lunch and bring the cheese home.

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 10:32:56 am »
That video was hilarious! Personally, I've enjoyed more pizza than I've hated here. It depends on where you go and what you get. I have seen and tasted some pretty awful stuff, I think from Imsil. Not too sure...

Pizza School is awesome though! Cheap, relatively simple and the corn isn't overly intrusive. The weirdest I've had from there was the Sweet Potato. Not something I'd order every time, not strictly speaking pizza, but definitely OK as some form of food.

I also had a really tasty bacon-potato from Domino's once...mmmmmm....ch eese crust!! And it was a surprise for me since Domino's at home really sucks.

Gosh...this is really making me want pizza now.

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 10:49:35 am »
That video was hilarious! Personally, I've enjoyed more pizza than I've hated here. It depends on where you go and what you get. I have seen and tasted some pretty awful stuff, I think from Imsil. Not too sure...

Pizza School is awesome though! Cheap, relatively simple and the corn isn't overly intrusive. The weirdest I've had from there was the Sweet Potato. Not something I'd order every time, not strictly speaking pizza, but definitely OK as some form of food.

I also had a really tasty bacon-potato from Domino's once...mmmmmm....ch eese crust!! And it was a surprise for me since Domino's at home really sucks.

Gosh...this is really making me want pizza now.
Deutsche Bite Pizza ftw. 

Nothing better than hot dogs, corn, bell peppers, dried herbs and sweet potato puree on a pizza with cheese-stuffed crust poppers and a side of creamy garlic dipping sauce and a packets of powdered cheese and hot sauce for the top.

• korr
  • Expert Waygook

• July 16, 2009, 12:35:46 pm
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 10:52:48 am »
You can go to Imsil in Jeollabukdo. They are known for cheese. And you can make cheese and a special pizza. And you get to eat the pizza you make for lunch and bring the cheese home.

I think my students went there last year. They brought me a little container of really good cheese. Didn't get any pizza, though.

At this point I've learned to live with the corn, especially when it's on a really good bacon potato pizza. I draw the line at sweet potatoes, though.

• ubjustin
  • Waygookin

• August 18, 2011, 02:23:45 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2012, 12:28:18 pm »
I like Costco pizza because it tastes the most American.  It's not sweet, there's no corn or sweet potato, and the meats actually taste salty.  And again, the price.  2,500 for a giant slice.  You can't beat that.  I'll take Costco over any other korean brand any day.

So what pizza isn't "vile" or "garbage" to you?

If you say some wood-burning brick oven thin crust BS, then you're barking up the wrong tree.  I refuse to pay 20,000+ for a pizza that I can finish by myself and still not even feel full.
en.ublove.com

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2012, 06:24:43 pm »
Everyone has their own tastes.

Italians invented pizza anyways, not New Yorkers.

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 08:37:24 am »
fry some kimchi and put it under the cheese before you bake the pizza.

up a notch