Read 795 times

• Lidija
  • Adventurer

• March 05, 2012, 08:26:24 am
    • Nae-myeon, Hongcheon
ActiveX interference on Chrome
« on: April 27, 2012, 01:39:49 pm »
Hi! Was hoping maybe somebody here could help me out.

I have to bring my laptop to school and I am a Chrome user. ActiveX is a IE application as far as I know and I have never used IE in my life. However when I click on websites (not always the same ones and completely safe for work) I sometimes (regularly) get a dialogue box which I have to click on and then I get redirected to an ActiveX screen which is in Korean and completely 'unclickable' if I can put it that way. Sometimes this screen will reappear as many times as I am willing to re-enter the URL and sometimes it doesn't bother me after the first time. Sometimes I can open (e.g.) BBC easily and without problems and then suddenly I start to be redirected for no apparent reason.

This is horribly frustrating as it makes my browsing capabilities very limited. Any suggestions as to what I should do would be much appreciated. I am quite computer illiterate and I really need someone else's advice on this. I am attaching screen shots too; the dialogue box, the original Korean screen and the 'translated' screen.

Thank you!