Read 22411 times

• marty
  • Super Waygook

• October 24, 2010, 09:46:13 pm
    • japan

Grade 5, Lesson 4: Where is the ball? (대교, Daegyo)
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2012, 08:44:43 am »
I have taken the spongebob bomb game from the previous unit and changed it to fit this unit. played it with the class and they loved it. I also used the pics from "simons cat in the box" which they loved as well. hopefully you can find this useful

Re: Grade 5, Lesson 4: Where is the ball? (대교, Daegyo)
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2012, 01:25:55 pm »
Story Time
I modified the other story time ppt.
I introduce that it is a German story written down by the Grimm brothers in 1812.
Then watched the video on the CD-ROM and answered a few questions about the story. 
I focusing each story on "What is the problem?" trying to get them to discuss the characters in the story.
We did the listen and repeat , but then we discussed that it was strange ending to the story.  I had them rewrite the ending.  Some of my kids killed Hansel, one group had Gretle and the withc eat Hansel.  The funniest group had Hansel Marry the witch and Gretle become their house keeper. 

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2012, 03:37:14 pm »
I made a PPT based on a post I found from last years story time tips.  I give all credit to that original poster.

Basically,

Listen to the CD
Read with the CD

PPT
Ss underline 3 words they think are important.
One student (A) reads the script from the PPT.
When (A) says any word, the Ss who underlined that word must say it.

Ss memorize one of the lines. They start standing up and say the line and sit down as the story goes on.  For this, all the Ss memorized the same line. For the 2nd class I told each group to memorize each scene in respect to their group number. 1 reads the first scene and so on. ( I made this clearer in the 6th grade version of this)

The Skeleton game is simple but fun for them. Have them read the sentences. They loved it.

Then, a student translates each line.

Good luck everyone. Story Time can be enjoyable!

• Stivy
  • Waygookin

• February 10, 2012, 12:57:50 am
    • Pocheon
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2012, 10:04:56 pm »
I realized I focused mostly on prepositions but not on the phrases used in the book such as:
I have no idea.
That's too bad.

So I came up with this ppt to emphasize those phrase.
Seems like there aren't much of us using this textbook compared to others...
and seems like my class is backed up then other schools.

anyways, share it with your kids if you are still on chapter 4.
Took me like 2 hours working on it just for 10~15 minutes show :(

• Stivy
  • Waygookin

• February 10, 2012, 12:57:50 am
    • Pocheon
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2012, 10:33:03 pm »
OMG rpduavick!!!
Thank you so much with your ppt game.
That could help me kill the last period for reviewing the class.
I'm a noob and would have taken me at least 2~3 hours to make such thing, maybe even more.
Thanks again!

• Michael22
  • Explorer

• December 05, 2011, 02:06:15 pm
    • Suncheon
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2012, 02:38:35 pm »
I made a PPT based on a post I found from last years story time tips.  I give all credit to that original poster.

Basically,

Listen to the CD
Read with the CD

PPT
Ss underline 3 words they think are important.
One student (A) reads the script from the PPT.
When (A) says any word, the Ss who underlined that word must say it.

Ss memorize one of the lines. They start standing up and say the line and sit down as the story goes on.  For this, all the Ss memorized the same line. For the 2nd class I told each group to memorize each scene in respect to their group number. 1 reads the first scene and so on. ( I made this clearer in the 6th grade version of this)

The Skeleton game is simple but fun for them. Have them read the sentences. They loved it.

Then, a student translates each line.

Good luck everyone. Story Time can be enjoyable!

This is great here is a introductory motivational movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0JllfEP9X4&feature=related

• wajowens
  • Veteran

• September 01, 2010, 01:08:08 pm
    • Daejeon
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2012, 03:12:46 pm »
this is a where's wally sort of thing. very easy to find the things, but useful to iron out a few errors (especially putting 'the' in front of a name, e.g. 'the Park Ji Sung is on the piano', or leaving it off e.g. 'spider is on the mirror'). Also expands 'on' a bit, in that there are two instances where a spider is 'on' something without being 'on top of' it. Depends how deep you want to go, i let them get away with 'in front of' for those ones. Also, the one with the spider eating girls' generation - you could teach 'above', or say 'the spider is eating girls' generation', or do anything you want - i ended up with a different response each time i used it.

I'd suggest using it early on in a lesson (warm-up / practice) for 5-10 minutes, after they've learned the basic prepositions.

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2012, 03:16:45 pm »
Scavenger hunt game (adapted from a previous post - thanks);

Hide the objects around your classroom before class and write the preposition on the back (it's on/under/ etc). Make sure your students don't move these objects.

Hand out the worksheet.
Part one; match the preposition to the picture of the cat.

Part two; students work alone and hunt around the class for the objects. When they find them they write the information onto their sheets.

Part three; complete wordsearch (if time)

Part four; check answers as a class and ask students to point to where the objects are so you can check their understanding.

All told it took my students about 20minutes to complete it all (including explanations and checking).

• theTazz
  • Veteran

• March 30, 2011, 08:33:51 am
    • Jeju Island
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2012, 03:39:15 pm »
Review bomb game - Angry Birds template.

• uljah
  • Waygookin

• March 02, 2011, 11:03:13 am
    • buyeo-gun, chungdongnamdo
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2012, 10:38:45 pm »
here is a ppt. where is the mouse? its infront of/in/ on/ under/ on the right/ on the left/ between/ behind the ____.

• Eltraub
  • Waygookin

• February 13, 2012, 01:17:31 pm
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 09:35:56 am »
I ended up having to skip the writing section and come back to it later, so this is a bit late, but I created a cootie catcher/fortune teller to use with the writing portion. It uses some pictures of simple words [cap, key, pencil, eraser] and the prepositions on the middle layer with things [the table, the box, the chair] on the  last section. The students have to work as partners. I made my kids spell the item in the picture while moving the fortune teller to give them the count. You could use dice. After they "found out the sentence they had to write it in their notebook. The first partner to get them all or, if needed due to time, the partner to get the most, won. Hope your class finds it fun too!
I'll also post the blank template if you wanted to make your own. To change the pictures you have to select the whole thing and ungroup first.

• p33k
  • Veteran

• April 28, 2010, 01:57:59 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2012, 01:28:56 pm »
Couple PPT's for practicing the listen and repeat part.  I have them repeat after the video, then use these, then with slides missing words pick various students to make dialog together.

Busy Beaver song goes well also.  Can find on youtube or download here.  I typed up the lyrics, not pretty but co-teacher used in a worksheet.

• icetea
  • Explorer

• June 05, 2012, 02:15:37 pm
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2012, 10:55:55 am »
Here's a word lotto game for Lesson  Period 4. It covers vocabulary from the previous periods too. Students choose 4 words from the PPT and write them down. The student who gets all their words revealed in the PPT first wins!

• icetea
  • Explorer

• June 05, 2012, 02:15:37 pm
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2012, 11:47:41 am »
Here's the lyrics to the famous 'In, on, under' song by BusyBeavers. I found it useful to give to students as they sang along instead of trying to follow the lyrics on the screen.

sorry - forgot to actually attach my file to the post so here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx8i-Wq_jtc

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2012, 10:01:56 am »
Short ws to help with writing in English! I provide a small picture and they make a sentence using the pictures!

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2012, 10:10:04 am »
Some free writing and correcting the mistakes! Most of my kids always forget to capitalize the first letter and put punctuation marks at the end. Other mistakes are given, too.

• Vedas
  • Adventurer

• April 19, 2011, 07:34:18 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2012, 09:27:36 am »
Here is a review sheet I made to review for the semester final exam.

For the listening section I spoke and they listened and wrote in the answers.
1. are
2. glasses
3. are
4. chair
5. where
6. my
7. no
8. idea

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2012, 12:53:30 pm »
I did a scavenger hunt of this topic, I printed off pictures of objects and hid them round the room. They had to write down where they found each object. Team that found the most won.

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2012, 01:42:11 pm »
I used this catch the words game for lesson 5-4 they played in teams and wrote the sentence on their white board.