Read 1434 times

• daveb
  • Super Waygook

• March 07, 2011, 10:08:52 am
Waitrose products in Shinsagae from July
« on: April 11, 2012, 05:42:38 pm »
http://www.internationalsupermarketnews.com/news/6887

Upmarket UK retailer Waitrose has announced that it is preparing to sell its range of Oriental ready-meals to customers in South Korea. The move comes as part of a new export deal. The company already sells noodles in Hong King and rice in Thailand, and it now plans to have a range of over 160 products in six Shinsegae stores by July.

The partnership will begin with ambient products, but Waitrose said that it is in discussions to introduce ready meals later in the year. Waitrose makes more than £20 million each year from its overseas business, and reportedly the chain is hoping that Britain’s growing profile this year through the 2012 Olympics will boost demand. The Shinsegae deal will be building on the success of Waitrose’s Duchy Originals brand in South Korea.

Director for Waitrose, David Morton, said that “Export has been one of the fastest growing areas of our business in recent years. But we’re predicting this year will mark a real step-up in our export activity as the world watches Britain for some of our big national events.”

• sethtes
  • Waygookin

• November 15, 2011, 01:17:37 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Waitrose products in Shinsagae from July
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 10:20:25 pm »
I student taught English in the United States for three months (which is the reason I fled the country), and I am sure that (many, most, at least the young) teachers there work harder than teachers in Korea. That said, I would also put teaching in the United States up against any job anywhere to compete for who works hardest. And, in addition, I consider myself hardworking as a Native English Teacher (as in, I spend a good deal of time outside of school planning to try to make things interesting), but I do not work 1/10th as hard as I HAD to in the US. So I'm guessing Korean teachers are somewhere between me here and me there. The same is prolly true for everyone.

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 10:30:56 pm »
I student taught English in the United States for three months (which is the reason I fled the country), and I am sure that (many, most, at least the young) teachers there work harder than teachers in Korea. That said, I would also put teaching in the United States up against any job anywhere to compete for who works hardest. And, in addition, I consider myself hardworking as a Native English Teacher (as in, I spend a good deal of time outside of school planning to try to make things interesting), but I do not work 1/10th as hard as I HAD to in the US. So I'm guessing Korean teachers are somewhere between me here and me there. The same is prolly true for everyone.
?? ???
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.

• sethtes
  • Waygookin

• November 15, 2011, 01:17:37 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 10:38:25 pm »
?? ???

hahaha wrong thread, pushed the next thread button rather than the page button, then perceived the first post as a bot when I saw the bold font. noooooooooooooob