Read 942 times

• bawaugh
  • Super Waygook

• March 04, 2012, 08:49:30 pm
    • Geoje
    more
Dust
« on: April 06, 2012, 12:33:37 pm »
I have heard that there are large dust storms from China in spring. Yet I have yet to see one in Geoje Island.

When do they come and what is the best way to deal with them?

Just buy a dust mask and shut all doors and windows?
PV=nRT

Where
P is pressure
V is volume
n is number of moles
R is the gas constant
T is the temperature

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
Re: Dust
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 12:52:58 pm »
Spring, and to a lesser extent, autumn.
The yellow dust can be pretty bad, especially further north around Seoul, but seeing as you're wayyy down south it shouldn't be too bad unless u have allergies or have asthma etc.
I live not too far from Daegu, and I have never really noticed the yellow dust days (and I do a lot of cycling) so I think it really depends on your particular location and where the local weather comes from.

And from what I've read, it seems that the locals do exactly what you mentioned: wear one of those masks and keep your home as airtight as possible.

• CMTC
  • Veteran

• October 29, 2010, 02:41:12 pm
    • South Korea
Re: Dust
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 01:03:21 pm »
I also live on Geoje Island, you don't really see clouds of dust flying around, but if you look at the cars you will definitely see its presence.  I do recommend closing your windows, our luggage which was left in the laundry room turned a lovely yellow colour :( last year.
A mask isn't a bad idea if you suffer from any breathing problems.  I think we are pretty lucky here on Geoje it doesn't seem to be affected as badly as other parts of the country when it comes to yellow dust.