Read 1700 times

• JABU NXAU
  • Veteran

• June 03, 2011, 06:20:35 pm
    • KOREA
    more
unusual gifts from k-teachers.
« on: April 05, 2012, 02:14:04 pm »
 :blank: I just received a toothbrush and a fly swatter from my CT! What's up with that? :blank: ???
do your best always!

• acopel7
  • Veteran

• March 15, 2011, 09:22:05 pm
    • korea
Re: unusual gifts from k-teachers.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 02:19:04 pm »
People here will give you something functional and useful. You'll be thankful for that swatter when summer arrives^^

• flasyb
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 30, 2010, 12:10:03 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 02:20:12 pm »
Maybe the students told her you have bad breath!  ;)

A fly swatter for the coming summer swarms and a toothbrush for brushing after lunch at school. Good practical gifts I'd say!

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

We are not "guests" in Korea. Korea didn't invite us over for Pimms in the garden. We are paid employees.

• lotte world
  • The Legend

• August 22, 2011, 09:00:38 pm
    more
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 02:50:39 pm »
1. They are giving you a hint about your personal hygiene.
2. Summer is coming.  The flies will be annoying.  Either that or they want you to play the flyswat game in class.

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 03:03:03 pm »
Wow.  I just read this and 30 seconds after my co-teacher walks in and hands me a toothbrush set (brush, paste, case and cup).  Apparently it's from the "hospital in city hall" (?).
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.

• teachermc
  • Super Waygook

• March 04, 2010, 11:47:41 am
    • Tongyeong, South Korea
    more
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 03:26:49 pm »
Yesterday I was brightly handed a plastic pouch of brown liquid with pictures of deer antlers and ginseng all over it.  I had to wait for five minutes while the teacher explained its use and benefits before asking what was in it.  The packaging images did not lead me astray.

...followed by the 150th performance of my "I try not to use products that contain animal parts or that have been tested on animals..."  Korean/English sermon.

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 07:49:16 am »
 teachermc and anyone else who is curious, they harvest the antlers naturally. When the deer shed the antlers they are collected and turned into that concoction.

If you kill the deer to collect them it ruins the *sdomething something something* no male potency *something something*

Also, the taste is... its one of those things everyone should try once and I want to stress once.

• li_09
  • Waygookin

• March 05, 2012, 07:29:23 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 01:22:28 pm »
seeing as it is Easter, when i got to school this morning there were hard boiled eggs on my desk. and as i'm writing this it's still sitting on my desk.

i bumped into one of the teachers and she asks if i saw my eggs? i replied i did. she asked if i've eaten it yet? i say no, i dont actually like hard boiled eggs. she then tells me she was the one that actually left it for me.

awkward silence...... then she storms off. oops!

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 01:47:42 pm »
I've got boiled eggs today too  :) In fact, the whole school did - I think they are from a local church group.

Also, today my co-teacher gave me a random selection of black and red pens, and a clear-file.

Last week one of the lunch ladies' babies turned one, and she gave the entire staff small boxes of brightly coloured ddeokk.

Nothing super unusual, though.