Read 1411 times

• Enders
  • Veteran

• June 14, 2011, 10:44:55 pm
Need to get health check. AGAIN?
« on: April 05, 2012, 07:36:57 am »
Hey
My co-teacher informed me yesterday that I need to get my health check done again. All the usual things for the visa: blood, urine, x-rays, teeth check etc. The thing is I only started in my public school last September and I had my health check done then before starting. My CT says I need it again so that I would be eligible for 'compensation' should any accidents happen while working at the school. I explained I already had my health check done before starting and she said it didn't matter.

Have any other teachers experienced this? Should I just get it. I don't fancy having to pay for it again as well as giving up a Saturday morning to get it done.

Thanks

Re: Need to get health check. AGAIN?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 07:44:46 am »
She's lying.  You are covered from your first health check.

See the thread about the people busted for drugs in Seoul.  They are checking to see if you're a drug user under the guise of being compasionnate for you.

MC

• Jozigirl
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• May 03, 2011, 07:37:47 am
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 08:24:11 am »
Ask her if it's one that you have to pay for yourself or not.  If you don't have to pay for it, it's probably the one that we have done for insurance purposes in which case, just have it done.  If you have to pay for it yourself then there's something else going on, and you can politely refuse to have a second health check done.

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 11:22:23 am »
If she presses you, just tell her that you have done it and passed the information directly along to immigration as per requirements.
Until next time, I will speak to you next time.

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 12:29:31 pm »
There's a 50/50 chance it's as Jozigirl said. All civil servants have to do one every few years for insurance, I think. You don't have to pay for it. It's basically a questionnaire, blood test, height weight, BP etc. It won't test for drugs or HIV or anything like that. Make sure you lie on the questionnaire. Your school doesn't need to know how much you drink and smoke, if you do.

If it is the full medical test, just say "Yea, yea, yea, I will get right on it", then never think about it again. Your CT has probably realised she made a mistake and forgotten all about it by now.