Read 1656 times

• isanghan
  • Veteran

• March 12, 2010, 01:47:38 pm
    • 경기도 안산시 상록구 이동 660-4번지 203호
GEPIK Contract Re-signing
« on: December 10, 2010, 09:53:17 am »
I'm nearing the end of my first year-long contract with GEPIK, and I'm starting to wonder about the re-signing process. Basically, I'm wondering about when contracts are usually re-signed.

My co-teacher continually talks about what we will do next year, and I've been allowed my two-weeks' re-signing "home leave", but I haven't seen an actual physical contract yet. Coming from hagwon, as I do, I feel nervous about getting so close to the end of my current contract without seeing something "official".

I wonder if I am worrying about nothing, and if I should just wait until later, or if I should ask about seeing a contract?

Re: GEPIK Contract Re-signing
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 10:03:15 am »
Don't worry about it. You might see the contract the day your old contract ends. They won't give you an extra 2 weeks of vacation and then drop you. I was in the same position as you last year. You really don't need to worry.

• Bizzabit
  • Newgookin

• July 21, 2010, 10:47:07 am
    • Bucheon
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 10:18:34 am »
No worries at all.  I was stressing hardcore around this time last year, and my coteacher just kept saying "Don't worry about this one!"  Think it was right when I came back from my extra 2 weeks vacation they showed me the contract.  GEPIK always posts the new contracts pretty late due to revisions and whatnot.  Enjoy yr vacation, no worries!

• isanghan
  • Veteran

• March 12, 2010, 01:47:38 pm
    • 경기도 안산시 상록구 이동 660-4번지 203호
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 10:34:11 am »
Thank you, that's very helpful information!

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 10:41:29 am »
a friend of mine was in the same situation as you.  He finished his first contract in August and they said they were going to extend his contract.  he went home on vacation without a signed contract and came back to a contract waiting for him to sign.  don't worry about- verbal contracts here take priority and then the signed contract!  Congrats on the 2nd year to come!  Enjoy your trip home!