• raziel
  • Veteran

• June 15, 2011, 08:04:12 pm
    • Yangsan, South Korea
    more
HOW TO MAKE BANANA BREAD IN A RICE COOKER
« on: April 02, 2012, 10:32:22 pm »
Hey guys!
It's 1/2 of the youtube channel Evannrachel here. :)

We just made a How To video about making banana bread in a rice cooker!
Making unconventional things in the rice cooker is my new favorite hobby, but I wanted to share the love on this one!
The full recipe is linked in the description of the video. That plus the video, PLUS a bonus video about how to use your korean rice cooker just in case youre a newbie. ;) Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/mW1I8ii8ZpM

• Yu_Bumsuk
  • The Legend

• March 03, 2011, 02:10:36 pm
    • Hicksville, ROK
Re: HOW TO MAKE BANANA BREAD IN A RICE COOKER
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 07:46:09 am »
That would be a great after-school class activity. It reminds me of stories of Koreans trying to cook rice in hotel kettles.

• CellarDoor
  • Fanatical Supporter!

• February 22, 2011, 04:25:08 pm
    • Tennessee, USA or Korea
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 09:39:54 am »
This seems like a much better idea than trying to cook it in a microwave, which mostly ends up rubberizing it.  I did finally find a good used convection oven, but I've been wanting to buy and learn how to use a rice cooker, so I'll check out your video soon.  Thanks for posting the link!  I'm curious to know what other recipes you've tried in the rice cooker too!  :D

• raziel
  • Veteran

• Yangsan, South Korea
    more
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 01:39:32 pm »
That would be a great after-school class activity. It reminds me of stories of Koreans trying to cook rice in hotel kettles.

I never thought of it as an after school activity, but you're right! This would be easy and fun.

This seems like a much better idea than trying to cook it in a microwave, which mostly ends up rubberizing it.  I did finally find a good used convection oven, but I've been wanting to buy and learn how to use a rice cooker, so I'll check out your video soon.  Thanks for posting the link!  I'm curious to know what other recipes you've tried in the rice cooker too!  :D

Yeah microwaves are not a good idea haha. Is it a big convection oven? Mine is too small for a pan for bread.
No problem, I hope you try it! Send a message when you do.

And as far as other rice cooker recipes, I will be doing these rice cooker videos semi-regularly on my youtube channel so you'll have to wait and see! :P

I'm also open to suggestions/requests! I love experimenting.

• Yu_Bumsuk
  • The Legend

• March 03, 2011, 02:10:36 pm
    • Hicksville, ROK
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 06:41:44 pm »
Btw, how long does this take?

• raziel
  • Veteran

• Yangsan, South Korea
    more
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 08:31:32 pm »
Not long, but it also probably depends on your rice cooker. It takes 2 cycles to finish with my rice cooker, and each cycle is 15 minutes. That plus prep time I would say only 45-1hr. Not bad!