Read 1312 times

Post Offices in Korea
« on: March 30, 2012, 02:38:10 pm »
Hi there
Does anyone know what the post offices are called in Korea? And how to ask for a small package to be sent to New Zealand?
How do you ask for a package to pack your items in to send?
Thanks.

• Sticks
  • Veteran

• May 11, 2011, 03:27:45 pm
    • Cheonan/Ansan, Korea
Re: Post Offices in Korea
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 03:24:42 pm »
Have you checked the sticky thread? http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,14429.0.html

Post offices (우체국) are everywhere, look for the building with the logo.

They sell assorted sized boxes at the post office. Just grab one and go over to the self service packaging area and pack up your things, address it and take it to the international mail counter. I'm not sure if you'll need to pay for the box beforehand? I've never used the post office boxes. There'll be signs in English. You can ask for regular mail (cheapest, slowest, no insurance or tracking), registered mail (slightly more expensive, insurance? and tracked) or EMS (takes 2-5 days, most expensive, insured, tracked).

• vw08
  • Super Waygook

• May 11, 2011, 01:26:31 am
    • South Korea
Re: Post Offices in Korea
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 03:30:56 pm »
At all the post offices I have been to here, boxes, forms and other packing supplies are out on a counter.  You just use what you need and they will add it into the total.  Sometimes, depending upon what you are doing and how busy it is, they might even help you pack your box up.  This has happened to me a few times.