Read 4296 times

• LeylaIsaacs
  • Adventurer

• March 05, 2012, 07:40:35 pm
    • South Korea (Gangwon)
Dentist in Taebeak or Yoengwol.... Wisdom teeth :(
« on: March 26, 2012, 08:55:44 am »
Hey,

Does anyone know of a dentist in taebeak or yoengwol area? 

And who has had their wisdom teeth removed in Korea?

I'm so scared... I have no idea what to expect or how much this might cost ;)

Re: Dentist in Taebeak or Yoengwol.... Wisdom teeth :(
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 09:24:41 am »
Can't help with location.

I've had three wisdoms out in Korea. Just find where the dentists are and go there for a check up. Cost about 5000won I think. If you like the place or the dentist then get it done there. If you don't like it, feel free to walk out (after paying, of course).

I walked out of the first dentist I went to in Korea because the place was filthy. Went to another one and he was great. Spoke English well, good clean modern facilities and gave me a quick refund when they overcharged me accidentally.

Getting wisdom teeth out can be a simple procedure or major surgery. My top wisdoms came out with a gentle nudge. One was in NZ the other Korea. The bottom ones took a little longer and one got dry socket (my fault, I smoked a cigarette too soon after) and there was a bit of pain and blood for a day or so after. You won't get any pain meds post op either. They're stingy that way.

Just shop around is my advice. A place that was good a year ago can be crap now and vice versa.

Good luck.

• Dweebs1
  • Veteran

• December 07, 2010, 02:52:11 pm
    • Yeongwol, Gangwon-do
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 09:07:26 am »
A lot of the native teachers go to a dentist in Seoul on a Saturday. Here is a phone number in Yeongwol 033-373-7528. It is across from the bus terminal. Have your co-teacher call to make an appointment. The dentist name is Mr. Song. One of my co-teachers uses him as a dentist. If you want to go to Seoul on the weekend I can get you a number of a dentist in Seoul.

• kkim00
  • Newgookin

• May 04, 2012, 02:21:36 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 02:26:32 pm »
There is a public health center in Yoengwol, called "BO GUHN SOH", where citizens and eligible foreigners (i.e. foreign teachers teaching in Korea) can be treated almost for free. There are dental, internal medicine and oriental medicine doctors. Try there.

• zongal2012
  • Veteran

• September 01, 2010, 09:08:26 am
    • Gangwondo
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 03:41:06 pm »
You might have to go to a dental hospital to have them done. I went to a good dentist in Seoul but the wisdom teeth they would not do.  I was told that its a big op here in Korea cutting the gum, stitches and what not so I got a reference  letter for the Gangneung dental hospital.
The pain stopped and I never went.
So even if you find a dentist in Yeongwol you might still have to get the wisdom teeth removed elsewhere  :(

• LeylaIsaacs
  • Adventurer

• South Korea (Gangwon)
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 07:43:10 am »
I am going on Wednesday... Going to make my appointment today.  Thought the pain was over but it has started again :( and my cheek is swollen, so I think that maybe my top ones are deciding to pay a visit now :(
... Thaks for all the help!  I will let you all know if I survive it ;)

• LeylaIsaacs
  • Adventurer

• South Korea (Gangwon)
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 02:19:12 pm »
so I went to the dentist... They treated a cavity, that cost only 11000 won and I had to get some medication, that was 5000.

And I have to go back... twice!

I went to the dentist in Taebeak, next to the Hanji Pond, blue building.. on the third floor :)

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 02:33:15 pm »
You won't get any pain meds post op either. They're stingy that way.

:o

I cannot imagine having wisdom teeth out without pain meds.  Some people may just have them pop out.  Some folks aren't so lucky.  I was one of the not-so-lucky ones when I had them removed in the US.  I was in excruciating, nearly tear-inducing pain when my meds wore off.  Percoset made it bearable.
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 03:03:15 pm »
You won't get any pain meds post op either. They're stingy that way.

:o

I cannot imagine having wisdom teeth out without pain meds.  Some people may just have them pop out.  Some folks aren't so lucky.  I was one of the not-so-lucky ones when I had them removed in the US.  I was in excruciating, nearly tear-inducing pain when my meds wore off.  Percoset made it bearable.

I've had four done. 3 in Korea and 1 in NZ. None were bad enough to need strong pain killers. One was a bit painful, but I took a Tylenol and drank some scotch (not really a great mix) and felt fine. The one I had in NZ gave me a ton of codeine that I ended up giving to a druggy acquaintance. So, yea.

• LeylaIsaacs
  • Adventurer

• South Korea (Gangwon)
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 12:05:09 pm »
I am terrified! Most of the younger teachers told me they had to work the next day... Swollen or not!

Luckily I managed to sneak some rather strong pain killers in from back home, I think I knew this was going to happen ;)

• strawberry
  • Expert Waygook

• February 17, 2011, 10:08:30 am
    • Gyeongbuk, South Korea
    more
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 12:14:00 pm »
Leyla, my friend had hers removed and she got pain killers :)

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 12:23:48 pm »
I cannot fathom being at work the next day.

I had mine removed when I was 15.  I did it on a Friday as not to miss much school.  I still had to take off Monday (not common).  I had a particularly bad case.  I don't want to scare OP, but don't feel bad about telling your school to just wait and let you take some time off.  Some wisdom teeth come right out.  Some are terrible.  Just play it by ear and don't stress.
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.

• Zeeto
  • Adventurer

• March 11, 2010, 03:37:04 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 06:52:19 pm »
I recommend 황지치과.  It's above Black Yak, if I remember correctly.