Read 1893 times

• 2Aslan78
  • Veteran

• November 07, 2011, 08:40:59 am
    • BeopSeong, South Korea
general hilarity with giving advice
« on: March 24, 2012, 07:52:53 pm »

lol! One of my classes started to learn how to give advice (depending on the situation, you say "you must..." or "you should..." and so on.) For one of my activities, I have small strips of paper with short sentences written on each:

-I don't like English class
- I lost my cellphone
- my brother won't stop talking
- I feel tired in school

and so on. I make up at least twenty five situations, and so there are enough pieces of paper for each student to have two situations and two chances to act as person a and person b when directed to perform a short "skit". The skit should sound like this:

a: I have a problem.
b: What's the matter?
a: I have lost my cellphone.
b: "YOU MUST buy a new one."

One of my students, who is both hilarious in class and gets a "kick" out of pretty much everything that we do, decided to "ham it up" with the skit when her partner got a piece of paper that says "I lost my cellphone" on it. Instead of the skit sounding like it should have, it sounded like this:

b: "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????????????"​

coffee came out of my nose.

• RomeoK
  • Waygookin

• November 29, 2011, 09:54:41 pm
    • South Korea
    more
Re: general hilarity with giving advice
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 01:10:14 pm »
way to go... great exercise AND it's always a great time with fun students!

• new2thebizzB
  • Explorer

• April 09, 2012, 07:35:43 pm
    • Guri-City, South Korea
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 07:01:59 pm »
I did something similar with mixed results. I like the idea that you only had one set of pairs rather than multiple ones like I did. Ill have to try your version out to see how it goes. Here's the activity if you are curious.

• jbaile
  • Veteran

• August 03, 2011, 07:30:08 am
    • Ottawa
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 08:53:29 am »

lol! One of my classes started to learn how to give advice (depending on the situation, you say "you must..." or "you should..." and so on.) For one of my activities, I have small strips of paper with short sentences written on each:

-I don't like English class
- I lost my cellphone
- my brother won't stop talking
- I feel tired in school

and so on. I make up at least twenty five situations, and so there are enough pieces of paper for each student to have two situations and two chances to act as person a and person b when directed to perform a short "skit". The skit should sound like this:

b: "YOU MUST buy a new one."

One of my students, who is both hilarious in class and gets a "kick" out of pretty much everything that we do, decided to "ham it up" with the skit when her partner got a piece of paper that says "I lost my cellphone" on it. Instead of the skit sounding like it should have, it sounded like this:

b: "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????????????"​

coffee came out of my nose.

This is both hilarious and helpful, thanks for the post! :D