Read 16295 times

• sheila
  • Moderator - LVL 2

• November 23, 2009, 08:32:58 am
    • Gangnamgu, Seoul
eslprintables.com
« on: December 07, 2010, 03:12:19 pm »
Does anyone have access to this website? I'm trying to get some things on there and when I go to download anything, I can't get anything on there and therefore can't access any of the worksheets. If you do, please let me know... I really need to get on there.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard!
www.freerice.com

• JC49
  • Featured Contributor

• July 18, 2009, 08:41:03 am
    • PYEONTAEK,SOUTH KOREA
Re: eslprintables.com
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 03:15:35 pm »
Shelia,

Website is not free. You need to contribute worksheets and then you can download. YOU NEED TO UPLOAD A WORKSHEET FIRST AND THEN GET CREDIT.

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 03:16:32 pm »
Hi, you have to join and then submit some of your own worksheets to get credit to download others. I haven't done it but that is what I understand the requirement is. :)
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 03:21:08 pm »
In my opinion, it's not worth it. They make you download their toolbar and it takes something like 24 hours (I think?) before it shows you have credit. Plus, you need to upload a worksheet for every worksheet you want access to. It was such a pain in the butt when I looked into, that I just gave up.

That said, it's apparently worthwhile for the many people that I assume do use the site. Good luck!

• sheila
  • Moderator - LVL 2

• November 23, 2009, 08:32:58 am
    • Gangnamgu, Seoul
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 03:21:53 pm »
I realize that I have to upload, I just can't. It won't work.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard!
www.freerice.com

• Wretchard
  • Super Waygook

• September 06, 2010, 09:26:36 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 03:23:09 pm »
Yeah... When someone downloads your contribution, you get one point.

If you want to download something it will cost you one point.

Once you get something like 40-50 points then you can download any of the recent contributions without using a point.

You can also upload powerpoints too.

It doesn't take long to build up points.

• jehall
  • Veteran

• April 08, 2010, 01:20:16 pm
    • Uijeongbu, South Korea
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 03:25:42 pm »
Are you trying to upload a ppt? Because it has a file size limit of 2MB, which is barely anything if your ppt. has many pictures. 

• jehall
  • Veteran

• April 08, 2010, 01:20:16 pm
    • Uijeongbu, South Korea
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 03:32:13 pm »
Also, did you register? And then a confirmation email with a link to click that will activate your account?

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 09:10:01 pm »
I had my rant about these [mod edit: people] at eslprintables on another thread, but I will add that it is completely disgusting that they force you to download a toolbar in order to participate in the site. Toolbars have one purpose, to track your information and then sell it to others.

Someone should join the site, get the points and then post every worksheet they have on some open site. Open sharing of educational resources is the future....not pathetic hoarding

okay, apparantely I wasn't done ranting :-X
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 10:23:57 pm by Dayle »

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 10:16:44 pm »
Aye i agree, freedom of info it should be, some people want credit for what they have done suppose it's life, there is no such thing as a free meal.
"Independence? That's middle class blasphemy. We are all dependent on one another, every soul of us on earth."

• Arsalan
  • Site Programmer

• September 18, 2006, 02:00:00 pm
    • Alberta
    more
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 07:38:08 am »
Yes I agree with you.  That's why I'm a supporter of OpenSource Software.  We've thought about ways to make waygook more "contributor" friendly, but I think if we had gone the route of eslwhatever.com it would not have panned out as nicely for everyone.

;)
https://REDThanos.com
https://www.facebook.com/arsalan.lavang.9

"My heart bursts into starlight,
like collapsing ecstasy."

• shhowse
  • Featured Contributor

• August 25, 2009, 08:49:24 am
    • Mokpo
    more
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 08:47:24 am »
Sheila,
I PM'd you. Check your messages :)

• merle
  • Veteran

• May 08, 2008, 08:04:02 am
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 09:29:16 am »
Originally eslprintables didn't require you to download the toolbar.  I can't remember when they brought that in, but it must have been only in the last two years or so as I remember registering there before they instituted that.

I have access and enough points to download the new stuff every day, but I must admit I don't go there very often.

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 10:12:05 am »
I use ESL Printables all the time and have never had to download a tool bar. Am I missing something?

It's really easy to rack up points. Every time someone downloads your worksheet (you can only upload one a day at first), you get a point. One of my worksheets got 15 downloads, another got 50 downloads, another got 160 downloads. It all depends on what other people are looking for.

Anyway, once you have 30 points you become a premium user and can download 30 worksheets a day from the "Recent Contributions" section of the website without using any of your points. There are always great worksheets in the "Recent Contributions" section.

I've gotten a lot of really valuable worksheets from ESL Printables. I held out for a long time, but am glad that I finally signed up.

• kaysarang
  • Newgookin

• December 05, 2010, 08:06:33 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 10:51:00 am »
Hello everyone! :)

I do know that the website has some really nice worksheets. The only problem is that my worksheets (which aren't anything special) never get downloaded therefore I've never been able to download anything from the site.  :(

Also, yeah I think having to download that toolbar is very silly.

• Wretchard
  • Super Waygook

• September 06, 2010, 09:26:36 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 11:49:55 am »
Yeah... I don't think the toolbar is mandatory. I just checked the site and I see it but I doubt you are forced to install it when you register.

And, personally, I think the points system does make sense. I like how this site allows anyone to download freely, but this site is not international. More focused on Korea.

Eslprintables has contributions from people all over the world and the point system keep the quality of the materials up. If you want to get worksheets, you have to contribute something decent. Some of the worksheets there are just amazing.

I don't use worksheets too often but when I need one, it take little time and effort to find something great there.

I think a lot of people who use that site are long time English teachers so it makes the quality higher. No offense to anyone but many teachers in Korea are one and done, and don't develop their teaching skills. They just want to grab something to use in their class rather than make something themselves. I think eslprintables is for people who are career English teachers.

• Dyl
  • Fanatical Supporter!

• November 04, 2008, 11:54:50 am
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2010, 12:13:31 pm »
Yeah... I don't think the toolbar is mandatory. I just checked the site and I see it but I doubt you are forced to install it when you register.

I agree - I've just registered with the site and wasn't required to download the toolbar; it appears to be optional.
Get a free Dropbox account (2GB) and store your lessons online! http://db.tt/fKpm3q7x

Get natural health products, supplements, & vitamins cheaper than in South Korea! http://www.iherb.com?rcode=WZN275

• amycock
  • Veteran

• May 20, 2010, 10:53:42 am
    • Pohang S.Korea
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2010, 12:14:51 pm »
This site is really good.

I'm a member, you don't pay. I joined and i didn't download any tool bar. Then i sent 1 printable but it can't be pptx form i don't think, which is why some people can't upload.
Then everyday i uploaded a worksheet until i reached 30 points. Which means that every time someone downloads one worksheet you get one point.
Once you have 30 points you can send up to 3 worksheets a day.
Also once you are a premium member you can download 30 worksheets for free off the new worksheet section. Out of that section, every worksheet you download is just one point.
I have only been on for a few weeks and i have 95 points. Because if you upload a new worksheet for awhile you will be in the section where people can download for free and get 30 free downloads so your more likely to get points if you keep uploading worksheets when you can :-) I'm amycock2 on there!

• Florence7
  • Adventurer

• October 28, 2010, 01:08:53 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2010, 03:08:58 pm »
This site has saved me many times!! I often adapt the powerpoints slightly, using their graphics.  I highly recommend it as another option if you don't find anything on waygook.org. If you're uploading lesson plans for waygook, then you may was well upload them to eslprintables.
If you need something pronto, send me the link. I'll download it for you. I have me some points :-)

• Morticae
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 31, 2010, 12:45:33 pm
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2010, 09:55:18 am »
I registered to ESLPrintables, and after 4 worksheets I have 48 points. Here is what I have found:

The first two worksheets I uploaded were of the highest quality. They contained some REALLY useful information and I was proud of them. One of them received 6 downloads, and the other (the best one!) received 1 download.

I scratched my head, perplexed. I started looking. What is being downloaded? Color. Things with colored pictures.

Strategy #2: I took another worksheet I had, of medium quality, and stuck ~6 colored clipart pictures on it that loosely related to the topic. Bam, 13 downloads.

Alright, not bad. Doing more investigation, I realized people not only like color, they like fancy borders.

Strategy #3: I created a new worksheet, just for the site, with a pretty border and huge colored pictures. 28 downloads.

So, follow my advice. It doesn't matter how great your worksheet is sadly. People are blinded by color. Slap some color on your worksheet and you'll get the downloads. My school doesn't print in color, so I don't add color or any pictures to my worksheets usually.