Read 1476 times

• gladcat
  • Newgookin

• March 16, 2012, 07:56:59 am
    • seoul
Anyone stay with their school because of the students?
« on: March 16, 2012, 08:00:09 am »
I am curious to know if anyone stayed at their school because of the students?

The students at my school are great, I cannot say the same about the management and other co-workers.

If you did stay because you enjoyed the students so much, then how did things turn out? Were you still enjoying your time at the school, or did things get worse and worse for you?

• gookway
  • Super Waygook

• March 31, 2011, 12:22:19 pm
    • Korea
Re: Anyone stay with their school because of the students?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 08:05:32 am »
I'd stay for my students too, but the problem is that they also change too (either graduate, move, or hormones kick and they become 'too cool' for school and you). 

If anything, I wish time never moved and my students were exactly the same as last year lol but that's wishful thinking.  The students are still nice now, but definitely not as great even from just a year ago....

• Yu_Bumsuk
  • The Legend

• March 03, 2011, 02:10:36 pm
    • Hicksville, ROK
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 08:08:08 am »
The students are a large part of the reason I've stayed at my school. It's just much nicer working with students I know, who are familiar with my expectations, and don't have be taught how to act in my class from scratch. It's also been a real pleasure to see them grow up. One of the reasons I'm so thankful I don't have to do district camps is that I'd hate having to deal with students who are used to a completely different FT with a completely different style, especially a FT who's a clown, candy dispenser, 100% game-show host, human tape recorder, or assistant dependent on a KT for everything.

There are also so many students I'd love to see through to graduation that it makes me keep wanting to renew another year.

• Jozigirl
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• May 03, 2011, 07:37:47 am
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 08:30:31 am »
Yep.  I stayed because of my students although my colleagues are also great.  I'll stay another year too to see my original kids graduate.  If nothing else, things just keep getting better and easier at school because my kids know me and the teachers know me so I'm able to do a lot more than I was initially allowed to do.

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 09:07:19 am »
I would have loved to have stayed at both my elementary and middle schools from last year. I loved me students and they appreciated the hard work I put in to help them improve their English skills. My co-teachers were great and very flexible with the classes. I changed because I didn't want to go to the elementary school once a week bc it took so much time to prepare the material just for one class. I sure do miss them though bc I got to know them so well since there were only between 6-12 students in each grade. I still email and talk to my old co-teachers. I also see my old students since I only moved about 600 meters from my old middle school.
When my parents come to visit this year, I will take them to my former schools.
I'm happy with my new school and I can reuse and improve the material from last year so that's a bonus.

• Dweebs1
  • Veteran

• December 07, 2010, 02:52:11 pm
    • Yeongwol, Gangwon-do
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 10:29:17 am »
I the studnets and Korean English teachers at my school are great. The students at my school love to learn English now.

• donuts81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 20, 2010, 10:23:37 am
    • Korea
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 10:44:38 am »
I am curious to know if anyone stayed at their school because of the students?

The students at my school are great, I cannot say the same about the management and other co-workers.

I like my students but I wouldn't stay at my school if I didn't like at least some of the management and my co-workers.
"You can't hurt me now, Mr Lee. I've lost all feeling"