Read 1609 times

• kps1
  • Expert Waygook

• June 04, 2010, 08:20:13 am
    • South Korea
Savenger Hunt in Korea Ideas
« on: March 15, 2012, 12:30:20 pm »
Hey, I need to organize a scavenger hunt for Korean and international college students in a few weeks and I've seen people get together in Korea before and do stuff like this for fun. So my question is, does anyone have a list for a scavenger hunt that can be done at say 4 pm and finished up sometime before 9 or 10? So far we are going to make groups of six with two international students from the states and 4 Korean students. We were planning on just having them take pictures with their smartphones and send them to us as evidence.

• Lurch
  • Expert Waygook

• September 05, 2011, 08:31:17 am
    • Chungju
Re: Savenger Hunt in Korea Ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 12:46:00 pm »
Ooh ooh:

Bo Shin Tang restaurant.
Ancient ajossi riding a bicycle and smoking.
Someone passed out on the sidewalk (might have to wait until the weather gets a bit warmer.)
A can of "Hate" the non-alcoholic version of "Hite".  (man I wish I had bought a can, only ever saw it once a long while back.)
A rotary phone.
Heck, these days a regular old payphone is almost impossible to find.
A bicycle with two flat tires rust-welded to a stand it's likely been locked to for years.
Three or more people on a 50cc scooter.
A Tico!  (A tiny, death trap of a car of which there are still quite a few puttering around here and there.  Why did the Tico stop?  It ran over a wad of gum!)
A mangy stray dog.
A Korean with dreadlocks.
A crow (why are they so rare here when they're ubiquitous just about everywhere else?)

be back later with more
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 12:56:04 pm by Lurch »

• kps1
  • Expert Waygook

• June 04, 2010, 08:20:13 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 05:00:02 pm »
Haha good stuff, keep it coming, I want this thing to be fun.

• cruisemonkey
  • Expert Waygook

• March 25, 2011, 02:17:57 pm
    • China
    more
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 08:44:58 pm »
A crow (why are they so rare here when they're ubiquitous just about everywhere else?)

Same reason you don't see seagulls - they're delicous in a gochu-jang sauce with kimchie.
The Ks once gave me five minutes notice. I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 07:57:57 am »
What city are you in? You can have the person/group get a picture in front of landmarks

• Lurch
  • Expert Waygook

• September 05, 2011, 08:31:17 am
    • Chungju
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 12:09:48 pm »

Same reason you don't see seagulls - they're delicous in a gochu-jang sauce with kimchie.

I know that's why the snakes are gone, but I think Koreans even have the sense to not eat crow.  Badumching!

More:
Cucumber Soju.  (Oddly enough not bad.)
Something (anything) made in America.
Love Motel/DaBang cards.
A house with an actual lawn of grass.
Their lawnmower.

I'm running out...