Read 1129 times

• kklekotka
  • Explorer

• March 07, 2012, 01:28:38 pm
    • Busan South Korea
Recycling?
« on: March 09, 2012, 01:03:52 pm »
Hi everyone! I am obviously new to Korea and I keep hearing about the different ways they recycle here. I cant seem to find any trash bins or dumpsters by my apartment. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I should do?

Re: Recycling?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 01:57:08 pm »
you should get your co-teacher to ask your building manager or ask them yourself. mine had a map. there's 3 different types of wastes: food, recycling, & trash. they could be close to each other or not. mine are separated. my food waste is in the front of my building while my recycling is in B1 and my trash is in B1 in a different area. for regular trash apparently there's separate bags you have to buy to use

• fwilsie
  • Veteran

• November 03, 2011, 03:34:20 pm
    • 창녕
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 02:31:41 pm »
If you don't see any bins or piles then ask someone who lives in your building, or neighborhood. While most places have designated bins, not everyplace does. I once lived in a building in a village where there were no bins. You just separated recyclables form trash--trash in the specially designated bags and recyclables in any other kind of plastic bag--and put them out in the same spot in front of the building.

• kklekotka
  • Explorer

• March 07, 2012, 01:28:38 pm
    • Busan South Korea
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 12:20:11 pm »
I actually found the bins by my apartment yesterday! They were hidden. Thank you so much guys. :)