Read 20034 times

• Quaelyn
  • Veteran

• August 29, 2011, 02:45:27 pm
Re: Grade 5 Lesson 2: What Are You Doing?
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2012, 03:16:25 pm »
Just a simple board game for any of the periods that have a focus on reading. I'm using it for period 4. Can be played either in pairs or with larger groups. Pretty self explanatory... any sentence squares the students will have to read the sentences out loud. Any square with the bottom of an arrow on it, the students will move their marker to where the arrow points and then read the sentence on that square out loud. For the action squares, the students do what is written (roll the die again, go back to the start square, miss their next turn). Enjoy!

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 01:22:54 pm »
Hi there!

Here is a very short YouTube clip that works well as an introduction to the Lesson (module).
It's a Budweiser commercial...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PQogX88yjg

Enjoy the lesson!

Please people, for the love of God DO NOT show your children a Budweiser commercial. Here are some better videos that go along with the same theme that are more appropriate for elementary school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swRi4qHJsRE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyNe8bMFAEc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZMT-ms4Two

Second that. Some of the ppts have alcohol and 'boyfriend/girlfriend' stuff. Not appropriate for kids in this culture. Revise/Beware.

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 01:42:27 pm »
here's song

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 02:03:37 pm »
Monster video for motivation

Hidden Picture

Practice

[mod edit - deleted duplicate attachment and merged posts]
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 07:59:40 pm by complex303 »

• yayasj
  • Waygookin

• September 02, 2011, 01:16:40 pm
    • Daegu, Korea
present continuous cards
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2012, 06:46:48 pm »
I give a set of these cards to each group.
In my class, there are 4 students in a group.
You need to face down all the cards.
Each student picks a card. First student asks 'What are you doing?' and then..
next student answers with his or her card, and asks again to next student.
Each student should ask and answer. With the timer, I time students.
The fastest team get the stamp.
I tried this game with Lesson1.
It worked well.

• TWhitehead
  • Waygookin

• April 09, 2012, 12:01:42 pm
    • Gokseong-gun, South Korea
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 01:10:07 pm »
Grade 5 Lesson 2 Material 

Good News:

~This attachment is a deciphering puzzle ppt. I've also attached the corresponding worksheet.

Annoying News:

~Microsoft Word on my laptop (brand new Macbook Pro, mind you) was suffering from Tourette's so, either the symbols wouldn't stay where I placed them or I am technologically stunted. This then left me with having to write the symbols myself on the class worksheet which also left me peeved and throwing a fit but the good news is that it only takes 10 minutes. Feel free to change the symbols, vocabulary words and worksheet layout as you see fit, but please leave my name on the power point. Yes. I'm that girl.

Instructions:

~Choose 10 vocabulary words from the lesson and write out the corresponding symbols on the right hand side of the worksheet. The left side is for the students. They can use that blank line to decipher the symbols.

• TWhitehead
  • Waygookin

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2012, 07:59:55 pm »
Material for Grade 5, lesson 2

• TWhitehead
  • Waygookin

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2012, 08:09:32 pm »
Material for Grade 5 Lesson 2

As the lesson progresses, this is speaking practice. I have each student stand and make a sentence based on the verb, picture and the possession.
Example: Slide 1: What is he doing? The vocab word will be 'making' and the picture will be of a robot.  The student must be able to clearly say, "He is making a robot."

• juliana.ip
  • Adventurer

• August 29, 2011, 08:05:33 am
    • Hoengseong, Gangwon, South Korea
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2012, 07:08:39 pm »
Period 7 Wrap Up

Do and Show miming cards

The World and Me
Famous Mothers and Fathers ppt
-students can then write about their own mum and dad

• smmoon3031
  • Adventurer

• September 14, 2012, 07:31:57 am
    • In a cubicle
    more
Re: (천재교육 Cheonjae) Grade 5, Lesson 2 - "What Are You Doing?"
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2013, 12:39:54 pm »
Okay, here's my PPTs for the first and second lessons.

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2013, 12:41:10 pm »
Charades game, 20 short "I'm __ing" sentences with pictures. 

• brentdws
  • Adventurer

• October 04, 2010, 01:59:48 pm
    • Changwon, Gyeongnam, Korea
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2013, 02:54:31 pm »
Grade 5 Lesson 2 Material 

Good News:

~This attachment is a deciphering puzzle ppt. I've also attached the corresponding worksheet.

Annoying News:

~Microsoft Word on my laptop (brand new Macbook Pro, mind you) was suffering from Tourette's so, either the symbols wouldn't stay where I placed them or I am technologically stunted. This then left me with having to write the symbols myself on the class worksheet which also left me peeved and throwing a fit but the good news is that it only takes 10 minutes. Feel free to change the symbols, vocabulary words and worksheet layout as you see fit, but please leave my name on the power point. Yes. I'm that girl.

Instructions:

~Choose 10 vocabulary words from the lesson and write out the corresponding symbols on the right hand side of the worksheet. The left side is for the students. They can use that blank line to decipher the symbols.

I fixed the attachments so you can just print them.  you don't need to do any drawing.

• Rafaela
  • Adventurer

• January 01, 2011, 01:01:54 pm
    • Pyeongtaek
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2013, 09:07:52 am »
My students love anything that involves a puzzle or code. So I borrowed this from another ppt under Detective Summer Camp and made a quick code puzzle for them to crack. There are 4 phrases from the Lesson 2.1 and a bonus as well. Phrases include: "reading a book," "washing the dishes," et cetera. You can either print off slide 2 and give each student a copy, or the students can just solve it from the TV using their own paper. The answers are on slide 3. This burned up about 10 minutes at the end of class and of course turned into a competition.

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2013, 02:23:02 pm »
Here is a PPT I put together for Lesson 2.1.

• The first part is just teaching the students the 6 basic -ing verbs from the book.
  • The second part is a quick hidden picture game that slowly reveals an image. Students can raise their hands or talk in groups to try and guess the answer.
  • The third part I turn off the projector and have groups come up to the front and look at the screen. They see a sentence/image like "We are playing soccer" and must mime the phrase in front of the class. The other students can guess what they are acting out.

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2013, 03:18:27 pm »
My students love charades and this lesson is perfect for that. So I let the teams act and one member to guess, all in one minute. When the music stops they stop. If they get it right they have another chance if not then they lose their turn to the next team. You can add more action pictures on the powerpoint and try to come with funny ones. I hope someone finds this useful. Let me know....

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2013, 03:26:17 pm »
My students love charades and this lesson is just perfect for that. One team at a time... let them choose one member to stand in front with his/her back to the picture[shouldnt see the picture]. The rest of the team will act out what they see to give hints and the student has to guess and make a complete sentence, all in one minute. When the music stops if they answered correctly they have another chance but if they are wrong they lose turn. One point for or right answer. No speaking, if they speaking, even in English, they lose one point. My students really enjoy this game, I hope someone will find my post useful. Please let me know...thanx

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2013, 02:57:02 pm »
Here are some of my materials that I made for my lessons this year with this chapter. Please change the info in the lessons to suite your school as needed. Hope it helps!

Hunter, Gunpo

• Rafaela
  • Adventurer

• January 01, 2011, 01:01:54 pm
    • Pyeongtaek
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2013, 09:40:39 am »
I made a simple board game for What Are You Doing? to be used after Lesson 2.3 I included pictures that should match up to pre-taught sentences of "I'm making kimbab" "They're making a robot" "She's washing the dishes," et cetera. Print off one sheet per pair of students (or could do bigger groups). Students play rock, paper, scissors. Whoever wins gets to move 1, 2 or 3 spaces on the gameboard. Rock = 1 space. Paper = 2 spaces. Scissors = 3 spaces. Then the student must make a sentence from the picture that they land on. If they land on a snake they must go back to the "start" space. Lasted 10-12 minutes with my students. They enjoy anything with rock paper scissors.

• specter13
  • Expert Waygook

• November 29, 2010, 10:00:26 pm
    • Seoul South Korea
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2013, 02:36:07 pm »
My students love charades and this lesson is just perfect for that. One team at a time... let them choose one member to stand in front with his/her back to the picture[shouldnt see the picture]. The rest of the team will act out what they see to give hints and the student has to guess and make a complete sentence, all in one minute. When the music stops if they answered correctly they have another chance but if they are wrong they lose turn. One point for or right answer. No speaking, if they speaking, even in English, they lose one point. My students really enjoy this game, I hope someone will find my post useful. Please let me know...thanx

Good PPT file but the sound buttons don't work, what sound file did you use with the ppt? Could you upload that too?

• vionne
  • Adventurer

• March 08, 2012, 10:31:15 am
    • pohang, south Korea
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2013, 02:53:33 pm »
A Blazing Pens game.