Lesson 3 closing activities
good pororo game that students will love :P :P

• sazza_05
  • Adventurer

• March 02, 2012, 05:34:08 am
    • Canada
Re: (YBM) Grade 6, Lesson 3 - "I Have a Toothache"
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2012, 03:41:11 pm »
going through the past expressions like: went, didn't, etc..
(I am sick in Bed) story

• juliana.ip
  • Adventurer

• August 29, 2011, 08:05:33 am
    • Hoengseong, Gangwon, South Korea
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2012, 06:56:40 pm »
Period 3 Reading

Reading ppt - focused on intonation and rhythm when reading aloud.
I put the sentences up one by one and had the class repeat after me. I would read it in a monotone, they repeat. Then I'd read it naturally, they repeat. My co-teacher helped with explaining the differences in Korean speech and English speech.
I did actions to show changes in intonation; I also clicked my fingers to help with rhythm; and I over-exaggerated some tones so they could hear and feel the differences. The kids liked it.

Meet the World
I made up a quiz about treatments for the cold from different parts of the world. I included the url to the website where I got the information. The kids found it really interesting.

Period 5 Story Box

Zoomed through the story (my co-teacher and I don't like this period)
- Listened to the story; asked some comprehension questions; did the 'Into the Story' exercise.

Doctor Medicine ppt: This went really well. Had loads of fun.

1st part: warm-up and review good/bad advice - You have to ... You should ... Don't ...
Activity: Doctor RolePlay - my co-teacher found the ppt and medical cards on a Korean English teacher forum.

2nd part: make your own medicine
Based on Roald Dahl's "George's Marvellous Medicine".
Reviewed 'Cold Medicine' from Period 3 Meet the World.
I told them the summary of the "George's Marvellous Medicine", explained what George put into his medicine, then got the students to make their own medicine.
My co-teacher got them to write their ingredients in English, and the reason in Korean.

• funtastic
  • Waygookin

• August 29, 2011, 02:28:50 pm
    • Canada
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2012, 10:20:13 am »
Here is the review ppt + two activities I used for the second class. First we played the line bingo, instructions are on the ppt. Walk around the class from student to student. Have the rest of the class ask together "what's the matter" and one student answers with a sickness from the end of their sheet. example "I have Diarrhea". Make sure every student has a chance to read. It takes a little preparation to cut and sort the bingo sheets, but if your co teacher will offer help, its an awesome activity and the kids think you're a god. second activity is an info gap. Pretty self explanatory, instructions on the ppt.

• Gyroid
  • Adventurer

• August 21, 2011, 04:28:45 pm
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2012, 01:07:21 pm »
This is a ppt of fill in the blanks for practice during period 5 of this lesson.

• jenny26
  • Explorer

• April 17, 2012, 12:59:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2012, 12:28:53 am »
It's for motivation.

• jenny26
  • Explorer

• April 17, 2012, 12:59:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2012, 10:22:58 pm »
It's guessing ppt for review.

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 11:36:55 am »
Hey

Attached is just some dialogue /speaking practice using Daejeons Angry Birds PowerPoint. Just click the white box in the corner for the yes/no options for the questions. I made these smaller to make room for the dialogue

• girl0629
  • Veteran

• November 15, 2010, 11:04:55 am
    • Hwaseong, South Korea
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2013, 03:07:48 pm »
Break the code ppt. There are key expressions from the book in the form of "IHAT" and students have to say "I have a toothache". They were surprisingly good at this.

PPT by my CT edited by me

my kids are smart so this is the kind of challenge theyll accept.  :smiley: thank you!

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2013, 11:10:31 am »
These materials could be used for one period (about 40 minutes) or you could split them up over multiple periods. 

Part one involves watching Mr Bean at the dentist (linked elseewheere in the thread), then ordering the events.  In my PPT I have caps I made to go with the events.

Part two is about baby tooth/Tooth Fairy traditions around the world; I made some ppt animations and a few sentences about six such traditions.  They are to support the sentences the students "download" in the running dictation (part three).

The last part is a very open-ended chance to write about going to the dentist.  Or you could change that and let them copy or re-write one of the dialogues from the book.

REMOVED
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 10:29:58 pm by Mr C »

• grezbob
  • Veteran

• August 28, 2012, 02:26:17 pm
    • Daegu
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2013, 12:48:04 pm »
These are the materials I used for the 4th period (reading and writing). Both games are intended for teams (I played with 5 teams of 4 students). Nothing special but the kids had fun with the competitive aspect so hopefully of use to others out there.

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2013, 08:54:42 am »
here's a graph generator ppt for Work Together. 

i had the students mingle with their books and do the dialogue:  "Did you go to the hospital?"  "Yes/No."  "Why?"  Because I had a ________."

Type each health problem in the bottom box of the graph, then click the boxes above and they'll fill with a color.

Then, I just took a show of hands and generated the graph

Got some "oooohs" and "aaaahs" outta the students.  (...for...some....re ason...)

• Gen_JG
  • Adventurer

• September 14, 2012, 09:36:06 am
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2013, 11:26:15 am »
just an intro pp

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2014, 12:53:37 pm »
Here are the PPTs I used for Lesson 3. Some were downloaded and edited so please feel free to do the same.

• Susie88
  • Waygookin

• March 03, 2014, 09:44:53 am
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2014, 01:46:29 pm »
This is a writing activity I made for my sixth grade class. Because some students are more advanced, I made one activity slightly harder. I have never taught before and any feedback would be welcomed.

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2014, 07:51:33 am »
Attached here: 1) an expressions ppt going over the expressions why/because (e.g. "Mario can't play soccer. Why? Because he has a backache.")

2)  Four in a row game, with these expressions, and a (self-)explanatory ppt. To make the activity longer, I suggest that you print double-sided and include the extra game, "I have a ______, you should _______."

Hope these are helpful to anyone who uses them. Cheers.

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2014, 07:54:52 am »
So I made Easter Eggs for this lesson. I will reuse someone's else powerpoint and then have them hunt for eggs to write a word scramble.

Unfortunately,

I couldn't format the pdf in proper order.

So to print double sided you have to do it individually by groups of 2.

Print these pages together: 1->5   2->4 3->6
Follow Me on Instagram: Artzystarchild